Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who use Parent's Choice Formula

Posted by   + Show Post
I have been using the Target brand of regular (cow's milk) formula. But we only go to target to buy that and its not really close to us. So yesterday I went to Walmart with my label from the Target brand. Well, they are exactly the same. EXACTLY. Which is great because I go to Walmart a lot more than Target. Well, I don't know if it is permanent or not, but the size of the powdered formula went from 25oz to 32oz for $11.99!!! I was pretty happy with that. I just thought I'd share it. Like I said I don't know if it is a special or if that will always be the size. I also didn't check he other kinds (soy, etc) so I don't know if the size of those went up or not:-)
~~~~Twny~~~~
Photobucket
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 6:56 AM
Replies (11-16):
amyechowyatt
by on Sep. 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM

totally true stuff, i used to work at a packaging plant and we would use different label but the same product would be inside, we would do fred meyer brands, albertsons, walmart, boston market and all we would do is change the label. it made me try to look at the cheaper brands differently :)

Quoting tiffanysgirls:

Parents Choice is the same thing as Enfamil. I posted this same question on Yahoo Answers and a guy told me he worked for the distribution company that packages both and all they do is put different lables on! Now, I wasn't sure if he was telling the truth or full of crap so I went to the store and compared them. Not only do they have the same ingredients....they also have the exact same percentage of each nutrient! All I know for certain is that my dd used Parent's choice and she grew and gained weight.

my2boys700
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 12:12 PM

We also just started using PC and love it!

musicangl
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 2:45 PM

my firstborn (20 months old now) used parents choice organic and she loved it

lgroves
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 12:30 PM

I believe PC is also similar to Similac, which I used with my 2 boys.  For the next one I've already decided to use PC brand.

RebekahYoung
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM

I use the Sam's Brand of formula called Member's Mark. It's a 3lb 3.4oz (51.4oz) can and they are 19.38 each all the time. It's exactly the same as Enfamil and Parent's Choice. Love it!

lilNathansMommy
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 4:58 PM

I've heard that pretty much ALL formulas are the same, besides that some are soy and stuff like that.  But the government has regulations on what is in the formula etc.  So if I would of known this with my first child, I would have used the cheaper "store" brands.  So, I was going to try Parent's Choice with this child that is due in 2 1/2 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)