Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Wedding Question

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 4:28 PM
  • 8 Replies

Not sure where I should post this.?

My b/f and I are finally talking about a wedding after 6 years being engaged. But there are some cost I can't control or guess about. So I was wounding about how much did these things cost others.

Pastor (no church it'll be lake side) -

reception site (small group under 20)-

marriage papers -

DJ -

chair rental -

Any hidden cost I might not know about. I trying to do this all myself so I want to forget anything.

by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
chelisjv
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 5:36 PM

from what i remember...

my pastor came with the church

site that have many rooms hotels or golf clubs...about 25 per person

marriage license in cali 20 bucks i think not totally sure but thats what i remember

chair rental .50 plain fold out chair and can fun up to 2.50 for fancy ones

djs out here are usually as low as 100 an hour min 3 hours. and can run past a grand!

hope this helps!

ps. check out theknot.com they have a lot of helpful info!

Krys_mathews
by on Sep. 12, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Thank you! That does help.

Quoting chelisjv:

from what i remember...

my pastor came with the church

site that have many rooms hotels or golf clubs...about 25 per person

marriage license in cali 20 bucks i think not totally sure but thats what i remember

chair rental .50 plain fold out chair and can fun up to 2.50 for fancy ones

djs out here are usually as low as 100 an hour min 3 hours. and can run past a grand!

hope this helps!

ps. check out theknot.com they have a lot of helpful info!

gacgbaker
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM

My wedding was pretty cheep, but the biggest cost was the cake by far.  The food you can either not serve depending on the time of day you can just do cake and punch, but just be prepared for that to be the biggest cost.  Congrats to you!

MommyRust
by on Sep. 16, 2008 at 11:49 AM

My pastor came wiht my church, but if you choose to do a justice of the peace at your wedding site, they are usually around $100. We made all of our own food (turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, etc) so that cut down on a lot of food costs. We only had beer & champagne at the reception. The reception hall was kind of expensive, but it did provide all the tables, chairs, refrigerators, etc. I think I paid $750 for it. My cake was more expensive than my dress! lol I paid $360 for the cake and the groomscake. Decorations weren't too bad. I know that all together, with my honeymoon included ($2200) I spent $7,000 on my wedding.

Oh - photographers are EXPENSIVE!!!!! If you have a family member or friend that takes GREAT pictures, I would use them! lol My photographer alone cost $1,000!!

momtorussell
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:19 AM

Our pastor was from our church even though we didn't get married in our church and it was considered a blessing to marry us and therefore, we didn't pay anything.  We had our reception at a place that regularily does them and we had to agree to pay 1,500 in costs total.  We chose a food/drind package that amounted to that and that also included basic chairs, we had a choice of three basic colors and their standard vased flowers.  We had a seven piece band that cost us 1,000 and our cake was a single layer cake for us to cut that was about $75 and petit fours for the guests that totaled about $100.  My mom redid her wedding dress for me to wear and she did dried flowers for my bouquets for me and my bridesmaids.  She also did the flowers for the guys.    I didn't pay for hotel rooms for my guests since about 65 of the 85 people were from out of town and I have NEVER had anyone pay for my room in the past.  I also didn't have 6,500 laying around to spend on guests.  My mom also did the invitations and handouts.  Our photographer was about $2200 (included all photos and copyrights) and is where we spent most of our money other than the band.

WBloink
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 12:16 AM

Ok i had to pay for pretty much all of my wedding myself your best bet to get a dress is next month cuz it is out of the season for weddings. every thing is cheaper in the fall. i got married at a golf course and i told them i was on a very tight budget they gave me an awesome deal on the place and the food got the hall for 200 normaly it tis 1000, food was only $8 a person, originally 15 a person, pastor on-line 200, my dress 300, flowers 260, all the favors and things i got from the oriental trader.com best place ever for party supplies :} the most expensive things are the invitations $300 for 200. 

any questions i Will be glad to help or give suggestions

-wendy

jennjune1984
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:12 AM

You can research a lot of that on the internet.  Just look up catering services, the court house and other stuff on the internet that is how I did it!

teenmom722
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:29 AM

Well hi my ame is Gicela im 17 but im  married and some of the hidden costs will be decorations.chairs ,tables.napkins,drinks,plates,spoons and forks,food,cake,invitations you know that type of thing.

Try brides.com that is a very good siteembarrassed 

loving mommypink ribbon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)