Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

bottle help

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM
  • 5 Replies

my little one will be 3mo friday she is breastfed but i have tried a bottle every so often and she takes maybe 1/2 oz. im back at work now and mom in law says she wont eat much she may or may not eat even an ounce!! tips for getting her  to bottle it some?

by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kitty718
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM

put some of the milk on the nipple before you give it to her

misskorrupt
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 8:02 PM

with my daughter, i had to find a certain type of nipple that she would use for the bottle. i had to stop breastfeeding at 2 weeks, because she wasn't satisfied, she used it as comfort it just wasn't enough. she took the nuk bottle perfectly, i guess because it was wider than the regular nipples for bottles.

i am your goodnight kiss ; you are my i love you
marinesgrl
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 10:31 PM

ive tried 4 types of nipples and several different bottles. she isnt particularly fond of any of them. i tried a beginner sippy cup the other day and she took that a little better. i had to do that with my first one cause she wouldnt bottle feed either. so of course i go to work paranoid that she isnt eating and that she's starving and of course as soon as i walk in the house she knows and lets me know what she wants!!

LillianKorah
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:00 PM

my daughter was breastfed and she refused bottles even after I tried a few different nipples so I tried a beginner sippie cup with a soft tip at 4 months old and she took to it with no problem  

mexihill
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Yep, the nipple makes all the difference.  I tried at least 5 different nipples before my DD decided she liked the good ol' Playtex nurser nipples..  Go figure.  After trying Avent, Dr. Browns, etc..she didn't like any of those. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN