Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Horrible

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

My name is Ashley and on Friday my William will be a month old. My family hasnt really gotten to see him at all because I have been going through some emotional issues. My cousin is gettingmarried next Saturday. I talked to boyfriend about it. The only way I was going to drag little man to the wedding was if Boyfriend wanted to go. He doesn't and I really dont want to go. The day before the wedding I am scheduled for my 6 week checkup and they are imputing my IUD. I really dont respond well to giving blood. But I dont want to use my health as an excuse anymore and it would hurt them even further to know that I'm not going just becuase I dont want to go. I dont want to lie but I dont want to hurt their feelings. I told my sister that I didnt think we would be going becuase of my 6 week check up being the day before. Is that a valid excuse or do you think I need to just fess up that I dont want to go and deal with the guilt trip now rather than later? All opinions are appreciated even if others see it as rude. Thanks!

by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
babiface413
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Ashley, my dear. You are a new mother. You just had a baby a month ago. You do not have to make excuses for yourself or your family. Just simply tell them that you can not attend, but you wish them the best of luck. That's all you have to say you don't owe them an explanation if they don't see it already as you are a tired new mom then they are blind. Good Luck!

LillianKorah
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Hi Ashley

I think you should do what is best for you and what will make you happy especially since you are a new mom there is no need to put yourself in a situation that could potentially make you unhappy or feel stressed regardless of the reason plus with the baby being only a month old maybe he shouldnt be out around that many people anyway you know most people always want to hold a new baby. I would hope as the other poster stated that your family would just understand that you just dont feel up to it. I hope you make a decision that makes you happy!

armywife43
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:05 PM

i agree completely

Quoting babiface413:

Ashley, my dear. You are a new mother. You just had a baby a month ago. You do not have to make excuses for yourself or your family. Just simply tell them that you can not attend, but you wish them the best of luck. That's all you have to say you don't owe them an explanation if they don't see it already as you are a tired new mom then they are blind. Good Luck!

marinesgrl
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:10 PM

i agree youre a tired mom that doesnt need nor have time to run around or sitting at a wedding and reception. im exhausted and mine's 3 months in a couple days of course im back at work and hubby still out of the country so im by myself. I think you shoulde just say im sorry i cannot attend but i need to take care of my child and myself.

jenpet
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:14 PM

My opinion is: do what's right for you. Whatever you tell them doesn't really matter. Being a new mom, you need to look out for yourself, physically and emotionally, not only for your sake, but for your lil' one too.

Besides, do you really want a one month old around lots of people? (Especially if one of them has a cold and decides not to tell anybody they're sick??)

ashes_leigh
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:40 PM

I was talking with my hopefully soon to be mother in law, and she is saying the same exact thing. She actual forbid me to take him to the wedding becuase I think it is planned to be outdoors and my family is quite large and I know he is popular so there will be pleanty more people than I want to be there. I am just trying to keep the guilt trips down to a minimum becuase I have pretty much isolated myself from my family becasue they all wanted to play pass the baby at the hospital knowing that he was 3 weeks early. I just am trying to limit the guilt trips.

Sweetsmile04
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Agree with you.

Quoting babiface413:

RebekahYoung
by on Sep. 17, 2008 at 11:54 PM

No need to feel guilty! Everyone will understand. If they don't now they will once they have their first child!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)