Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lopsided breastfeeding post

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:21 AM
  • 11 Replies

Okay so I have a six week old baby. She didn't latch on to my left boob well but latched on to the right perfectly. Anyways, I pumped my left one and bottled fed her to keep the milk production going but all of a sudden I couldnt even pump. Now my boobs are lopsided and VERY noticeable!! :( I live in southern cali and its still pretty warm here so I want to wear tank tops but it literally is a difference of one B cup and the other a DD.. anyone go through this? probably not..:(

by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabeisgreat
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:24 AM

phh o am so sorry to hear that. have you gone to a lactation expert? they could help you out.

Real Talk(live & direct)- for the women wearing there big girl Teflon panties.

MySpace GraphicsMySpace Graphics

nikmar
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:29 AM

oh i sure did..and  they said and i quote "ya it happens" and I'm like what happens..and she said sometimes babies have a preference to a specific side. But my right one produces enough and she isnt starving so they said dont worry about it...and stuff my bra! lol

Ive had a size D from birth pretty much lol so i've never had to stuff!! lol

JCTJMTMOM
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:30 AM

Some of these places are free too! Ask your doctor ... that's what I would do. Since your baby is only 6 weeks you may be able to fix the problem easier than if she was older.

Quoting gabeisgreat:

phh o am so sorry to hear that. have you gone to a lactation expert? they could help you out.

gabeisgreat
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:30 AM

lol hopfully they even out after you stop.

Real Talk(live & direct)- for the women wearing there big girl Teflon panties.

MySpace GraphicsMySpace Graphics

hannahridder
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:36 AM

this happened to me, they told me they do prefer a breast, but sometimes will latch on if they have a different position on the other breast. I had to hold him in front on one and football positon on the other one! LOL So I would suggest switching postions maybe?

baby boy *~Hannah~*

teenmom722
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Well hi my name is Gicela and im 17 but im breastfeeding my 2nd baby shes 3 months old.And I think you need to massage your breast but do it gently if you hurt it you will probebly need a very painful operation.That milk has to come out somehow put hot water on it that will have to make milk come out if not try expressing your milk with your hand that helped me alot and i live in southern cali too so i know how hot it is.I hope this helps. 

loving mommypink ribbon

hannahridder
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:43 AM

Also you could put a cabbage leaf on the breast shes not eatting from...it helps dry up or release some of the milk...(I would never believe it, if i hadnt seen it!!!)

nikmar
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 1:52 AM

thanks for the replies.

i dont need to get the milk out...there isnt any being made in that boob anymore lol. and i  hope for me and my hubby's sake that they even out. I want a boob lift anyways and this is my last baby so maybe with lopsided boobs my husband will get me one sooner! lol

i just feel so self conscious right now!

keykey989
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 2:19 AM

I had to do the same thing because she would NOT latch on at ALL if she was on the right so we tricked her into thinking it was the left with the football hold, now she goes for both in any position.

Quoting hannahridder:

this happened to me, they told me they do prefer a breast, but sometimes will latch on if they have a different position on the other breast. I had to hold him in front on one and football positon on the other one! LOL So I would suggest switching postions maybe?

Bullard_mom
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 2:43 AM

It happend to me too. Its a difference of a C and a DD. It sucks. In my case, it doesnt even out. It happend with my first, and when she was 5 months old I got pregnant again. I had to stop breastfeeding her, and then I had my son, and they both have milk, but are still uneven as hell. It sucks with tank tops I know. I live in El Paso TX. Im wanting a lift too, when Im done breastfeeding, to match them up. Until then? Stuff one side, get a good bra, and be choosey with shirts you wear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)