Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

it was a freakin pickle (a dd story)

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

so my little one is LOVES her some kosher dill pickles...she cried off and on all day yesterday bc when we went to the store I bought some and when I got home I couldn't get the jar open so we had to wait for daddy to get home.....n e way he got home from work about 1:45 this morning and in the process of being loud and taking out the trash he woke my dd up.  So he let her come downstairs and chill w/ him.  When he was ready for bed they came in our to go to sleep...I told him no way (I hate sleeping in the bed with both of them bc she's all over the bed and tries to sleep long way between us w/ her head on him and her feet on my face).  Well she was still awake so he took her to the family room till she went to sleep.  Well he fell asleep in there and so did she.  This morning when he was getting ready to leave for work I told him bring her in my bed so she didn't wake up and go play downstairs all by herself.  He layed her down beside me and she looked over at me and smiled and her cheek was HUGE! I knew there was no way she had got something in her mouth that early in the morning so I'm freaking out thinking there was something wrong w/ my kid.  She wouldn't let me open her mouth and look, when I would try she's flip out, when my husband came back in the room I showed him and he started laughing and said I bet you it's a pickle, we were eating them downstairs.....it sure was.....that heffer slept with a pickle in her mouth all night, I'm glad she didn't choke to death!  So she kept it in her mouth the whole time they were downstairs and up in the family room till she went to sleep and she was NOT trying to give it up this morning, he had to pry her mouth open....

by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lilnena98
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Im glad she is okay. but that was funnylaughing

MissMandaz
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:36 AM

that is halarious... but if you ever are in a jam trying to open a jar i have a tip for you... I take a butter knife and hit the edge of the lid a couple of times.. like hold the butte knife over the jar and hit the lid with a downmotion to the side.. Any way learning that trick has saved my life... lol I love pickles too.. and Craved pickles and cheetoes when i was prego.. I remember one time in particular that i was watching a movie all relaxed on the couch drinking hot coacoa, a glass of pickle juice, and eating a pickle, and cheetos wiht left over mashed potatoes as dip.. lol

~Mandaz

AshleyRiv
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Quoting MissMandaz:

that is halarious... but if you ever are in a jam trying to open a jar i have a tip for you... I take a butter knife and hit the edge of the lid a couple of times.. like hold the butte knife over the jar and hit the lid with a downmotion to the side.. Any way learning that trick has saved my life... lol I love pickles too.. and Craved pickles and cheetoes when i was prego.. I remember one time in particular that i was watching a movie all relaxed on the couch drinking hot coacoa, a glass of pickle juice, and eating a pickle, and cheetos wiht left over mashed potatoes as dip.. lol

~Mandaz

WOW! I thought it was gross my daughter drinks milk and eats pickles...that sounds like a leathal combination right there :)

shebearncub
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:47 AM

LMAO..........that was hilarious! TY for sharing. She sure was proud of herself huh?

MissMandaz
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 7:58 AM

Quoting AshleyRiv:

Quoting MissMandaz:

~Mandaz

WOW! I thought it was gross my daughter drinks milk and eats pickles...that sounds like a leathal combination right there :)

yea I know.. pregnancy cravings ** shakes head **

~Mandaz

Luvmybooskies
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 8:22 AM

That is too cute! I am so glad she was okay! Next time you need to open a jar try this....take a spoon and slip it under the lid, then lift the spoon up while you spin the jar, most of the time it pops the jar right open;)

Danesmommy1
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 10:35 AM

I'm loving all the pickle jar advice!  LOL!!  I love pickles!

Elke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)