Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little vent.....

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

Last night my 4 month old desided it was party time.  She didnt sleep hardly at all.  I had to keep getting up every half hour to an hour to give her her pacy or a bottle or change her or sing to her and pray she would go to sleep.  At 6:00 this morning my dh rolls over and starts belly aching about how tired he is and how he didnt sleep a wink last night!!!  Are you kidding me??? He slept like a freakin log ALL night long.  Didnt twitch, even when the baby was squaling for no apparent reason.  He NEVER gets up with the baby.  He says it because he works all day and i dont.  He says he does more so hes more tired than i am.  Uhhhh, i dont think so buster!!!  Im 11 weeks preggo with my second, and have a 4 month old who thinks sleep is evil.  I get no naps during the day.  I dont hardly get anything done because my dd thinks she needs to be entertained all day, and im running to and from the bathroom with morning sickness.  When my dh gets home, i still dont get anything done because hes "so tired".  He wont watch or play with the baby.  If he does i can come back 15 minutes later cause the baby is crying and watch him ignore her till he sees me.  Then he jumps up and says he was just going to get her.  Yeah, right!!  When i get upset and try to talk to him about it, he says my preggo hormones are showing.  MEN!!!

by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dunechick
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Totally understand!! When I was pregnant with my 1st son, my husband did the same thing. That was 14 years ago. And it seemed the more kids we had, the better I made him get! HA-HA!! Actually it did'nt take much for him to get the hang of dealing with them. We now have 4 kids and he actually has more patience with my 2 younger ones than my two plder ones. And he works 3rd shift. He hardly gets any sleep and still loves to play with them and help change diapers. I have a 2month old who also does not like to sleep. My 2 year old likes to get up and get in bed with me when his little bro gets up. He also likes to play and wait for his dad to get home from work. Hopefully your husband will learn to see what you go through on a daily basis. Good Luck!!!

Shawntell Bazan

KatieG04
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Same here!!! I know what your going through. But my husband gets mad cause the house is dirty but expects me to clean it and hold my 2 year old and my 3 month old, feed them all while i'm cleaning. Sometimes he helps.

1-mommy-of-5
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 12:17 PM

OMG... Don't you just want to strangle men sometimes!  I think the only reason my husband understands the reality of being a "MOM" is that he had to stay home and awake with our 3 oldest kids when they were little.  Until they experience what is truly involved they just don't get it!  In fact, many people ask my hubby, why doesn't your wife work?  And he tells them, "my wife works really hard, and she doesn't get paid."  But I guarantee, if he hadn't done it for 6 months, he would probably have a different attitude.  He still says stupid stuff like when I need to get out of the house, he asks if he needs to "babysit".  I HATE THAT! No you don't need to babysit... they're your kids!  And if I do get out of the house, no matter what time I come home, they're usually all still awake. HELLO!!! I am not the only one who knows how to bathe a child and put them to bed.  So believe me when I say, you are not alone!

I know you are totally sleep deprived right now, and the first trimester of pregnancy makes you totally exhausted too.  Make sure to take your vitamins and drink plenty of water to keep hydrated.  When your baby does go to sleep, stop what you're doing and take a nap!!!  who cares if the dishes are dirty or the laundry needs to get done... You need your rest!  Do you have any family or friends that can come over and help you during the day for an hour or two?

Good luck sweetie! Don't get too mad at your hubby, Men are wired differently than us.  that's why we're the mommies.  Besides that, my friend says when you're mad at your husband during your pregnancy your kid comes out looking exactly like the Dad. Ha ha LOL!

Melissa "Missy" Mills  ~ Proud Motivated Mom of 5 busy mom

nicci260
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I feel ya. My husband used to do that same thing, now he's getting better now that our son is getting older.  I can't really complain cause my son does nap.  it's still annoying when we wants to to get up with him ( at 5:45, hahaha)  to make his lunch and i didn't get any sleep. I tell him sometimes he can be a big boy and make his own lunch on occasion, hahaha.    And yeah, I'm 11 weeks prego too so i and right there with ya!  i don't know how working moms do it when they have to work the next morn, ugh....

amberle810
by on Sep. 18, 2008 at 3:04 PM

omg my fiance is the same way! he works all day, and claims that he is SOO tired so he never gets up at night or anything with our son. he thinks that I just get to stay home all day and relax, and he deserves the credit b/c he brings home the paycheck. i'm sick of his crap so i'm working so hard to find a job just so he can shut up! lol...anyway i'm sorry you have to go through that...especially being pregnant again when you have such a young baby already! good luck with everything...men are so obnoxious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)