Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

QOTW: Sleeping Issues

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM
  • 55 Replies

Welcome to today's question of the day post!

The question of the day is a question that a lot of you moms might be wondering, or maybe don't even know to ask it yet, so we are asking it for you!

So mommies to be, share with us your thoughts and experiences on:

Have you ever experienced any sleeping issues with your little ones?  How did you handle them?  Do you have any tips or tricks you can share with us?

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
negro_booboo
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM

when my babies wouldn't sleep i would give them a warm bath and rub them down with baby lotion. also just try laying the baby down and rub there back for a few minutes this helped a lot with both of my children. my son who is now 3 use to have problems sleeping when he was 1st born and my husband would actually hold him shirtless and have my son on his chest and my son would go to sleep that way. by the time was son was a month and a half he was sleeping through the night my daughter who is now 2 use to b a good baby and she didnt have any problems going to sleep now i have trouble giving her a nap she thinks shes grown lol.

Mom2AMMJ
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Being a single mom, I was very relaxed about letting my daughter sleep with me. A couple times I tried to get her to sleep in her crib and just didnt follow thru....

My boyfriend moved in the beginning of this year and encouraged me into getting her into her own bed. (She is 2) It was NOT easy. I didnt get sleep for a few days and maybe not much at all that first and 2nd week... but I finally followed thru and it finally paid off. I had to sleep next to her on the floor, rub her back and a lot of other things to figure out what worked.

She is now in her own bed. She has been sick lately and I've been slacking... but I know if I let her get used to being in my bed (even if its her getting up in the middle of the night) that it wouldnt take much for her to get right back into bed with me.

my only advice is 1) get them used to sleeping alone from the start. 2) be/stay consistant.

HTH :o)

musicangl
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:45 PM

lol i dont know honestly.. my 20 month old, analiese, sleeps for about 10-12 hours a night and we put her down at about 830pm and shes a cio baby.. but she usually gets a bath, lotion, play for a bit.. then we get bear, binkie, goodnight moon, and her milk abnd she sits on daddy while i read goodnight moon and she drinks her milk then we give loves and kisses and hugs and daddy puts her to bed and if she cries she only cries for like 10 mins at max usually.. our 7 month old will get bath, lotion and listen to goodnight moon also and she usually gos to sleep about 830-9 also... and she will go to her own bed for about 1-2 hours usually.. then she is awake and i get her back down for anither hour or two then she comes to bed with me because im soo tired that i just need to sleep. lol so yea

Danesmommy1
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:50 PM

My son is 6.5 months old.  He still needs to be swaddled to get to sleep.  He absolutely will not sleep if he's not swaddled.  He also uses a binky.  I can always tell when he's completely asleep because the binky pops out.  AND!! I still rock him to sleep.  So, my son has 3 sleep crutches.  I guess I do what works.  I can NOT listen to him cry!  So, am I a bad mommy?? 

Elke

pamnkevin
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 1:33 PM

My LO only has trouble sleeping when he's teething.  We just give him a little extra love and some motrin.

Allma
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 2:05 PM

My son is 9 months old and still wakes up throughout the night to nurse or sometimes just for comfort.  I'm soooo exhausted, he gets up 2-4 times nightly.  This is my third boy so I know what to do but I hate to here him cry. 

AntMeanie
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Montanna is our one and only and will always be our one and only.  So I guess you could call me a bad mommy or not.  But when she was first born she loved to be swaddled.  So we would wrap her up really tight, after bath and lotion, give her cereal for her 10pm feeding and she would sleep for 6 hours, and I had her in a co-sleeper (but it was not attached to the bed).  I didn't move her out of our room until she was about 9 mo....well when she started sitting.  But I always have held her until she was asleep then I would put her down.  Today she is 18.5 months and we do bath between 730-800 every night, then we do lotion, pjs, and then cereal and in my arms.  She is normally fast asleep by 830 and then she goes to her bed in her room.  And if she is very restless or too tired I will put her in her bed awake and she may cry about 5 min. and then she is fast asleep.  Everyone tells me that I am crazy, but I tell them that she is my one and only and if I have to hold her until she is 10, then I will hold her until she is 10. 

feeding baby

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Owner: http://www.cafemom.com/group/TAMU
windi1985
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 2:44 PM

My DD is 3 and she still sleeps with me!  I know she shouldn't be and i can't wait till she sleeps in her own bed! Hopefully she will soon im going to start trying next week! Wish me luck!

baby girlAlexia is my world!!

mommyprincesslg
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM

when my kids won't sleep, I hold them and rub their backs until they go back to sleep

KRISKING03
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 3:58 PM

omg I havnt had a real nights sleep n the past year (my baby is 12mnths...duh...lol) 2deal with it, basically I just deal. When I first brought my baby home she wld b up alot during the night, so during the day when she slept I wld take naps 2. As she got older her sleeping got better (but not all the way) I jus pat her little booty until she goes back 2sleep, but if tht doesnt wrk than jus hold him/her nd wlk with him/her 4 a lil while. Have paitence. If u dont (like me) u shld learn it very soon...lol. Ur baby is new 2the world nd doesnt kno any better...if i nvr got any sleep I still wldnt change it 4 the world...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)