Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

my almost 9 month dont want to eat from the spoon

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hello everybody,

my so is almost 9 month he don't want to eat any food from the yar .

i normally give him the organic  food from earth best and i tried also from Gerber .

Everytime i going to feed him he is crying like crazy under crying and screaming i feed him some he sits in a nice high chair with a toy and some toys i give him up there i tried feeding him on my arm but its the same thing. 

,i still breast feed him after he eats because he will not stop crying till he is on my breast .

What can i do to make him eat his own food without theater.

Thank you for responding

by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
perfectmom20
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM

my son hated the food in the jar so i just fed him our food. i'd make scrambled eggs,mashed potatoes,apple sauce,noodles stuff like that. oh also jello,yougurt puddings =)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
claudias1baby
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 5:04 PM

thank you for that i give him sometimes from our food but he eats then only a teeny bit ut he likes yogurt when his daddy feeds him .

perfectmom20
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM

even if he only eats a teeny bit just let him b/c when he gets hungry again he'll let ya know =] he is still little so he needs your milk still but gradually you can start weaning him for when he turns 1 and gets galloon milk =]

Quoting claudias1baby:

thank you for that i give him sometimes from our food but he eats then only a teeny bit ut he likes yogurt when his daddy feeds him .

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
jenpet
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 9:30 PM

My 9 mo. old son won't let me feed him anymore either. Too independant!

I don't know if this will work for your little one, but now I peel apples (and cook them), peel peaches, sliced bananas, cereals (like Cheerio's and rice Chex), frozen vanilla yogurt (made into small cubes), sliced avocados, seedless squash (like, acorn squash or spaghetti squash), steamed sweet potatos poached chicken slices, pasta and the occasional peice of toast or grilled cheese sandwich (I use white cheeses for him) and try to get him to eat boiled egg yolks (not his favorite).

It takes him longer to eat, of course, but he's eating his solids and still eating plenty of formula (he stopped breastfeeding at 6 mo. and I couldn't get him to start again - grrr).

Hope this helps!

mrs.hill25
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 9:35 PM

have you considered he may be teething and his mouth hurts. my son who is now 5 did that, he would not eat from a spoon only a bottle. (stopped breastfeeding at 4months) also something my second son did, was he was getting independent and wanted to fed his self. give him something to fed himself. cut up waffles, etc. lightly toasted ofcourse

melpiphi1701
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 9:44 PM

My son is 14 months old now and has just learned how to use a fork, working on spoon still. Once he was 8 months old he started putting his hands in his food and trying to feed himself, so i let him. It's messy but he was happy and eating and quickly learned how to get the food in his mouth instead of everywhere else.

claudias1baby
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 6:26 PM

thanks to everybodys  answer he yust became new two teeth in the front i  tried the tips you gave me they start worrking a little bit

THANKS AGAIN

PhotoMama2008
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM

My daughter did the same thing, was eating everything i gave her, and then when the tooth starts to come in, she wont eat anything except the bottle.  I got her some bitter biscuits for her to chew on and that seems to help with the frustration of wanting to gnaw on something and deal with the pain, but being hungry at the same time.  Also i froze some bananna slices and she loves to chew on that.  So she gets the nutrition and the pain relief at the same time.

Quoting mrs.hill25:

have you considered he may be teething and his mouth hurts. my son who is now 5 did that, he would not eat from a spoon only a bottle. (stopped breastfeeding at 4months) also something my second son did, was he was getting independent and wanted to fed his self. give him something to fed himself. cut up waffles, etc. lightly toasted ofcourse

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN