Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nervous

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 8:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

im soo nervous to breastfeed in public....like really worried. i have done it once....but not a soul was around...and i couldnt relax enough to enjoy it like i usually do, i was just hoping she would hurry and finish before anyone came around.i used a blanket.....but it kept falling of my shoulder when she stretched her legs out and hit the blanket....

so i was wondering, those who have a nursing cover....do you think they are worth the money? would a blanket have worked the same? does it help  you feel more comfortable in public?

by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SVmagz
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 8:07 PM

I have a peanut shell cover that I use if I'm not wearing baby in her Moby Wrap or Maya Wrap.  It's okay IMO.  I don't really care about BF in public & use covers out of respect to appease my hubby.  Practice at home with the cover, whichever one you use.

musicpisces
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM

I don't use a cover, but I do try to be at least kind of discreet.  I've had to nurse him in public where people were walking by (a popular walking trail), and I put a burp cloth over my tummy (more concerned with my tummy showing), pulled my shirt down over my breast to where he was, and just focused on him.  I've thought about getting a cover, too, so I could relax more.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Love2BMommy77
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 1:38 AM

It is a totaly natural thing to BF your baby no matter where you are....Don't worry so much! All I did was pin a recieving blanket to my shoulder to hang over her while I BF.

leifsmom
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 9:26 PM

I just bought a cheap cover from Target.  I forget the brand, but i think it was only like $10.  And I think it is made by FIrst Years, but it's been so long I forget.  I was the same way though, the blankets worked well until he started getting really squirmy and nosey.  The cover can still come up in the wind or down if the baby pulls it, but it worked for us.  I no longer nurse my son (almost 15mo old now), but I would recommend that cover. 

Steph - mom to Leif, my beautiful blond haired, blue eyed boyin loveboy on a swing

ashley.hodges
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I got a cover from Target.  It's called a hooter hider and I really like it.  It loops around your neck and has a plastic insert that helps you to see the baby the whole time.  I haven't seen them lately, but they definitely sell all different kinds online.  I would highly recommend it.

oxley12
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 11:17 AM

I just used a blanket.  Breastfeeding is totally natural and just try to relax...the fist couple times i BF in public it was a little weird but after a few times i was like look my baby needs to eat and if you dont like it dont look!!!!  You are doing whats best for your baby so dont sweat it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)