Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section ?

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM
  • 23 Replies

i had to have c section with this one and i still feel numb where i was cut inside and sharp pain every so often at surgery site. any of you have issues?

by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thangelbabybug
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM

how long ago was your c-section

marinesgrl
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:17 PM

little over 3months

thangelbabybug
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:18 PM

it took me awhile to get full feeling back and everyonce in awhile after i would feel sharp pains. is there any swelling or redness where you were cut?

marinesgrl
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:21 PM

no nothing but my scar. i had my first one breech and vaginally so this is all new to me. they were both drug free till i was prepped for surgery

MrsAce150
by on Sep. 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM

I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and i still have numbness and occassional sharp pains.

I talked to my aunt who had a c-section 20 years ago and she said that she never regained feeling at the site.

jenpet
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Nine months after, I still ocassionally have sharp stabby-type pain I associate with my c-section scar. Mostly, it's dulled sensations, not 100 percent sensativity. It's weird.

tdavis84
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 12:45 AM

I had mine almost 11 months ago and from time to time I have dull pains, but it did take a few months before I went awhile without any except for on occasion.  But you might want to ask your doctor to make sure.

brodysmommy0320
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 1:08 AM

I had my c-section 6 months ago and I still don't feel anything where they cut me.   Some may get full feeling back and some won't.  I asked my husband's aunt who had a c-section over 10 plus years and she doesn't have any feeling.  You may or may not have feeling in that area.  I wouldn't worry. 

MoreBlake
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Yes, everything you said I still have.... 15 months later!

smartty1
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 8:37 AM

I had my daughter about 5 months ago and had my second C-section.  As with everything else this time around it was completely different.  I did fine the first time around but this second time was really hard.  I had REALLY bad pain for about 3 weeks afterward. After telling the doctors and nurses 50 times how bad is was and that I knew the difference between, "it's gonna hurt pain" and "this is really freakin hurting me pain", a surgeon finally told me that it was a nerve that was acting freaky.  So unless your having any other symptoms that is probably what it is.  I would double over from it!  I was so exasperated with the docs and nurses telling me, "well it's going to hurt.  you just had surgery."  I said I wasn't an idiot and this pain was different.  I actually had an older nurse who told me later that day-after the surgery-that I was going to get up and walk.  After I looked at her like she was crazy I told her there was no way in hell i was getting out of bed.  Anyway-that's my soapbox and I hope you feel better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)