Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Molar's

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

I took my daughter to the doctor yesterday to check if she had croupe & thank god she does not hav it. Well i have noticed in her mouth on the bottom gums on both sides she has these swollen looking bump types. I asked the doctor what it could be & if i should be concerned she said they are my babys molars coming in. OMG! Help! I asked her if i should be concerned and she said no but, I'am.... How old do they usually need to be before they get there molars & why would my baby get them before she is 1?

by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perfectmom20
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:32 PM

idk why they get teeth early but it happens =] my sisters lil boy started teething at 2 months and got his first teeth at 3 months. its not bad or anything =]

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
JenniferK1985
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Yeah i know getting teeth is normal she has teeth, my concern is they are molars.

Quoting perfectmom20:

idk why they get teeth early but it happens =] my sisters lil boy started teething at 2 months and got his first teeth at 3 months. its not bad or anything =]

doownosyla
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM

my little girl got her front teeth first at about 12 months, then by 15 months she had molars. Its natural. She still doesn't have her I teeth yet. They will all come at their own pace. She'll be just fine.

JenniferK1985
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Was her gums swollen in the part where he molar was coming through?

Quoting doownosyla:

my little girl got her front teeth first at about 12 months, then by 15 months she had molars. Its natural. She still doesn't have her I teeth yet. They will all come at their own pace. She'll be just fine.

SVmagz
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Nothing to worry about.  My LO's get their teeth by 4mo.  They are biting & teething at 2mo.  Just normal for your baby.  By the way, my 13mo already has molars too.

JenniferK1985
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Where they swollen & red>?

Quoting SVmagz:

Nothing to worry about.  My LO's get their teeth by 4mo.  They are biting & teething at 2mo.  Just normal for your baby.  By the way, my 13mo already has molars too.

cglenn85
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM

my son got his molars before he turned 1..and he is now 18mo  4 molars all together 15 teethies!  But they were real swollen and read and hard looking it took a while before they even came out but looked like that for a good while.

doownosyla
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Her gums never really got swollen. She has not had any of the teething symptoms. She just pops them out.

Quoting JenniferK1985:

Was her gums swollen in the part where he molar was coming through?

Quoting doownosyla:

frndlyfn
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 1:29 AM

I think babies get molars between 9 months and a year and then around 2 yrs old. It differs child to child.  Just offer your little one as much comfort as you can  = )

oxley12
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 11:28 AM

My daughter started gettin her molars around 13 months...her gums were a lil more swollen and red than with her other teeth...i wouldnt worry babies get their teeth in their own time...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)