Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

im worried

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 6:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

hi!! should i be worried if my  1 1/2 year old  daughter is not talking yet. she can only say mom,dad and bye,bye.what do you think??

by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 7:04 PM

I wouldnt be too concerned. Have you talked to her dr or ped. about it? My daughter didnt say much until about 2 yrs old and then it was still mostly jibber jabber if you didnt pay close enough attention. Do you read to her alot?

perfectmom20
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 8:11 PM

nope nothing to worry about,kids go at thier own pace.if by the time shes 2 1/2 && shes not talkin then i would worry but she still got plenty of time!!=]

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
jenell21
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:20 PM

that's pretty much all my 1 1/2 year old says too.! Don't be worried.

tiffanysgirls
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:31 PM
thats about where my DD3 is at and she is almost 18months. Kids usually have a vocab explosion around this time so....keep your ears open....i am sure that in the next few weeks she is going to surprise you!
BRARAH
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 11:38 AM

I agree with perfectmom20, My daughter is 15 mos, and she doesnt say much but she is learning and my son when he was that little did not say much. Brandon did not talk much till he was 2 1-2 but he had cleft palat and lip so that was to be expected. Take care and God bless!!

Quoting perfectmom20:

nope nothing to worry about,kids go at thier own pace.if by the time shes 2 1/2 && shes not talkin then i would worry but she still got plenty of time!!=]

IN GOD WE TRUST!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN