Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cries all the time to be held does your baby????

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a 7 week old and he is NOT colicky he just wants me too hold him all the time... does your baby do that??????

by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kameronsmommy08
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Yep mine is 6 weeks, and thats all he wants too. Its hard keep him asleep when I put him down for a nap or bedtime. He will scream until he is picked up and then right back to bed. FRUSTRATING!!

HaileyInezMom
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:57 PM

My little one did this also but it has gotten a lot better she will cry to be put down to play

armywife43
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 10:58 PM

no, she doesn't mind being put down, she even fusses herself to sleep. except for today, but i don't think she's feeling well. she'll be 9 weeks tomorrow.

jackiewal10
by Silver Member on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Do you swaddle him up really tight?  I not only had to swaddle my son whenever I put him down, I had to make sure it was supper tight.  (Don't worry, you could never get it so tight that he couldn't breath or anything.)  My best friend used to have to do this too, along with rolling a towel up and laying it over the baby so that it felt like an arm was still holding him.

PamJM
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Most of mine were like this.  And it lasted a long time.  But they grow out of it and you'll miss it later.  So don't worry about it.  I know it's hard to get things done, you could try a sling.

Check out my website for SAFER and MORE ECONOMICAL products for your home, delivered right to your door.  http://saferisbetter.com/PamJM

Tiffany8234
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:04 PM

I put him between that foam pillow that is on both sides but that doesn't work either! my first was not like this!

JCTJMTMOM
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:11 PM

My DH just turned 3 mos and cries to be held ALL THE TIME now. I think it's because of her shots she just had 2 weeks ago. She's been really clingy since then, before that, she was great! I hope she gets over it soon because I can't get anything done while she's awake.

Danesmommy1
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 10:30 AM

He's used to being tight snug and warm in your tummy!  Have you tried swaddling him?  It gives them that safe and snug feelings without you having to hold him. 

Elke

deederz
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Mine will not sleep in anything other than her swing..Or has to be swaddled. She is 2 weeks tomorrow, and has to be held constantly, but I love it...other than a messy house and having to do my college work.

Heather

Proud Army Wife, and SAHM!

momtorussell
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM

We had to swaddle him and put him in his swing most of the time!  Sitting still makes him uncomfortable.  Have you read or seen the video on the Happiest Baby on the Block?  Tells you why your little one may not want to be put down.  At least check some of what he says on the internet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)