Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

hemorrhoid help (tmi) PIOG

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:26 PM
  • 6 Replies

Please tell me Im not the only mommy dealing with this! I have internal hemorrhoids. EVERY time I go to the bathroom it hurts...it burns them when I urinate & it feels like my #2's are full of razor blades! I use cream, but that only helps so much. Any advice you all have to help heal/lessen them or the pain from them?? Thanks in advance for you help!

by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommy_moore23
by on Sep. 27, 2008 at 11:28 PM

a lot of mom's have them. It's usually caused from the strain of pushing that occurs during labor.  My dr told me just to make sure that my bm was soft and regular.  Miralax worked wonders for me LOL

SVmagz
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 5:12 AM

TMI:

Had a colonoscopy before having 3 kids & was told then that I have severe internal hemmoroids.  You can only imagine how bad they are now!

Preparation H suppositories.  Sorry, I know it sucks, but they work.  I usually only need to do it once & am better.  I also have prescription proctolsol 2.5% cream for when they "pop out" from inside too.

More importantly, you need to manage your BM's through lifestyle so they are soft & easy to push out.  I do this by fiber, water, walking, going as soon as I feel the urge, not straining while on the toilet, & finally Miralax.  My gastroenterologist wrote me a prescription for this to be taken once daily back in the day & before it went over the counter.  Just got the okay from my LC/kid's nurse practitioner to take it again (it's categorized as questionable) on a daily basis.  But again, I have a sever case.

Lady_Zanthia
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 6:51 AM

I had these as well during my postpardum time after my daughter was born. 

Perperation H works well and also get some Tucks or the Prep H pads.  They have witch hazel in them. which is a very good natural painkiller.

Also use stool softeners and eat more fiber and drink lots and lots of water.

Sometimes getting a donut cushion to sit on helps, also.  I know they hurt but they will get better.  I never thought mine would but with persistence, they will go away.

Just hang in there.

babies

SVmagz
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 8:12 AM

Witch hazel is supposed to work & they kept giving it to me in the hospital.  I wasn't improving & it turned out to be b/c the witch hazel was irritating them & they were actually starting to swell & protrude more.

Quoting Lady_Zanthia:

I had these as well during my postpardum time after my daughter was born. 

Perperation H works well and also get some Tucks or the Prep H pads.  They have witch hazel in them. which is a very good natural painkiller.

Also use stool softeners and eat more fiber and drink lots and lots of water.

Sometimes getting a donut cushion to sit on helps, also.  I know they hurt but they will get better.  I never thought mine would but with persistence, they will go away.

Just hang in there.

AnnabellesMama
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 8:52 AM

I had them really bad for 4 months pp.  Now I'm okay as long as I don't allow myself to get constipated.  I definitely sympathize with you... I used to say that it felt like I was pooping razor blades, and I couldn't even sit without a ton of pain.  I used colace for a long time, which didn't help much, and metamucil, which helped a bit.  I was in too much pain to use suppositories, they just burned like hell, but as the hemmorhoids healed gradually I could use them and they would help.  Sitz baths provided temporary relief for the pain.  I'm hoping that my with my next labor and delivery I won't be pushing for so long and they won't be as excruciating!

LisaKelz
by on Sep. 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Quoting SVmagz:

TMI:

Had a colonoscopy before having 3 kids & was told then that I have severe internal hemmoroids.  You can only imagine how bad they are now!

Preparation H suppositories.  Sorry, I know it sucks, but they work.  I usually only need to do it once & am better.  I also have prescription proctolsol 2.5% cream for when they "pop out" from inside too.

More importantly, you need to manage your BM's through lifestyle so they are soft & easy to push out.  I do this by fiber, water, walking, going as soon as I feel the urge, not straining while on the toilet, & finally Miralax.  My gastroenterologist wrote me a prescription for this to be taken once daily back in the day & before it went over the counter.  Just got the okay from my LC/kid's nurse practitioner to take it again (it's categorized as questionable) on a daily basis.  But again, I have a sever case.

Oh my you poor thing! I feel for you!! Thank you so much for the input. Im hoping to get them under control before we have baby #2 so they dont get even worse!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)