Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

lactating

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 7:56 AM
  • 2 Replies

So I just started to lactate. I am 6 months pregnant. I just had a little boy in January this year. When I had my son we had to rotate from breast milk and formula. I wasn't producing enough milk when he was born. I am not breast feeding him anymore. But what my question is should I start pumping milk now so when the new baby is here I will producing more than enough milk? I still have a while to go but I don't know if its a good thing to start pumping or not. So if anyone has a thought or some advice please help me out with this. Thank you

by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
musicangl
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 8:03 AM

i dont know if this is true or not so id look into it but ive heard that if u pump it can cause you to go into labor.. i was thinking about pumping when i started lactating before makenzie was born but then i heard that it could send me into early labor so i passed.. hope this helps  :) congrats on the babies. hehe  my 2 are 12 months apart so good luck with the closeness in ages also. lol. :)

Krys_mathews
by on Sep. 29, 2008 at 9:45 AM

NO! Pumping before the baby is here can start pre-term labor and you don't want that. After you have the baby while your still in the hospital pump all the time. It helps to build up your supply. Also after you have the LO take fenugreek to help boost it too. You can found it at Meijer, health food store or on-line.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN