Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bedtime issues!!! HELP!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:56 AM
  • 3 Replies

Ok mommas!  I need your help!  My dd is 4 and 1/2 months old.  She was diagnosed with gerd when she was born and we were told to NEVER lay her flat.  She had to almost sit upright when sleeping.  So, she slept in a bouncy seat for the first couple weeks then she started sleeping in her swing.  We recently switched pediatricians and her new one put her on meds.  They have helped a lot with her projectile vomiting and spit up.  He wants her to start sleeping in her crib now.  Heres the rub.... she HATES it.  She screams bloody murder till we pick her up.  Ive tried rocking her to sleep then putting her in it, but no go.  Shes up within minutes screaming again.  HELP!!!! I really need some suggestions!!!  Anyone else have issues like this?

by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Charmedmommy82
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Maybe try putting her in her car seat or bouncy seat in the crib at first...?...she might just be scared of the openness of the crib.

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM

I bet the crib feels too big to her.  She's used to being snug and cozy in a seat.  Try swaddling her.  That way she'll get that snug feeling, but still be in the crib.

Elke

cbrownell
by on Oct. 4, 2008 at 4:20 PM

When I first started putting my daughter in her crib she did the same thing, It was almost as if when I laid her down she felt like she was falling. I started putting her on her side and patting her back and she would fall back to sleep instantly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)