Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Strange Diaper Rash Welts PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM
  • 13 Replies

My friend's little girl has these strange dime sized diaper rash welts that are the color of blood red. She had been using A&D and that is obviously not doing the trick.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any Advice?

by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamaatty1229
by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 7:39 PM

My son had the same thing and I took him to the doc and they said it was a yeast rash and gave him a anti fungle cream. Like athletes foot cream....yea I was shocked too. But it worked like a charm. My best friends lil girl just had the same thing a few weeks ago and I told her to go get some of that cream from walmart and it cleared her lil girls too. Hope that helps

Mom2Tommy
by on Oct. 2, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Just talked to her a minute ago, said the doctor looked at it briefly and said yeast infection. They treated her for that but now it is back. In another group some people thought it could be MRSA I told her to get a second opinion. She wasn't that happy with her doctor anyway

Thanks for your reply :)

isaboo22
by on Oct. 2, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Try Balmex and if that doesn't show a difference after 2 uses at most, call the doc.

A&D never worked for my kids. My DD had the chicken pox like marks all over, which started in diaper rash, so I took her to doc and it was a bacterial infection, side effect from a cold she had. They gave me meds and it cleared up.

WBloink
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 1:12 AM

try monistat or vagisal that is what i was told to use it seems to work better than the anti fungial stuff :}

Bullard_mom
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 1:36 AM

My daughter had the same thing a few times. When it first crops up its hard to tell if it diaper rash or a yeast infection. But if using diaper rash cream doesnt seem to show any results after a few days,  or the rash gets worse, then its the yeast infection. My daughter had this a few times, and when she got it the last time, my doctor told me, instead of hauling her into the doctor every time this happens, and waiting for an Rx.... just have a tube of antifungal cream, (the kind for athletes foot) on hand. It does the trick. Now any time she gets a diaper rash or any kind of dot I put it on right away.

Mom2Tommy
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 8:57 AM

The doctor told her that her dd urine had a high ph level and her dd had sensitive skin. Dr. said to give her cranberry juice, not apple, after a bath rinse with clean water, and use crisco not a&d as a&d is absorbed by the skin and crisco makes a protective layer. Kind of weird, but just hope it works. Thanks for your replies!

mrssbias
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 7:44 PM

basically what it is, is a yeast infection so i recommend that she take her to the doctor to get it checked out because it can get worse i work for  ped and believe me we have a lot of chillins that come in with rashes like that and the parents had tried everything so she need to take her child to see the doc

mommy2gabe07
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 7:48 PM

tell her to try pinxav that is what i have used on my son's yeast infections and what his babysitter used on both of her daughters, this stuff works miracles.  anytime he has had any diaper rash I have used it and it has completely cleared up within 2 days. it is pronounced "pink salve" and comes in a tube just like other diaper rash creams

Mom2Tommy
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 8:00 PM

I'll let her know and I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

Quoting mommy2gabe07:

tell her to try pinxav that is what i have used on my son's yeast infections and what his babysitter used on both of her daughters, this stuff works miracles. anytime he has had any diaper rash I have used it and it has completely cleared up within 2 days. it is pronounced "pink salve" and comes in a tube just like other diaper rash creams

Kittismama
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 8:03 PM

My daughter was prone to them for her first year, finally her doctor (who used to work in a neonatal cardiac ward) gave me a refillable prescription for Nystatin cream and told me to mix it with Mylanta and put it on, usually it would clear up over night some times I would need to treat for longer.  He said they used that for kids who got a rash before heart surgery because you can't have surgery with a diaper rash.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.   Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. ~Twain~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN