Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Strange Diaper Rash Welts PIOG

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend's little girl has these strange dime sized diaper rash welts that are the color of blood red. She had been using A&D and that is obviously not doing the trick.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any Advice?

by on Oct. 1, 2008 at 7:11 PM
Replies (11-13):
PhotoMama2008
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:13 PM

My daughter also has very sensative skin... our doctor said not to give her ANY juice of any kind until she is at least a year old.  Because her skin is sensative to how the juices are digested, he said that her insides are probably sensative too and that it could be giving her gas and causing baby acid reflux.  Doctor told me to give her the acutal fruit but not pre packaged juices.  They contain addes asorbic acid and citric acid.  The baby's body cant  often handle these extra acids. 

I now blend any fruit i want to give her and put it into a sippy cup like a smoothie almost and she loves it. No diaper rash, no gas.  Good luck

Also, A&D is not good for baby skin. it tends to clog pores and suffocate the skin, so when you stop using it, the rash just comes back.  Try switching to unscented baby wipes and use Desinex only. 

Mom2Tommy
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for your post. I had been considering making my own juice to avoid all the corn syrup they put in other juices. I am guessing you make the juice daily and not store it overnight.

I also had no idea about a&d. That makes sense though. I will have to get some desinex. I have never heard of it.

Quoting PhotoMama2008:

My daughter also has very sensative skin... our doctor said not to give her ANY juice of any kind until she is at least a year old. Because her skin is sensative to how the juices are digested, he said that her insides are probably sensative too and that it could be giving her gas and causing baby acid reflux. Doctor told me to give her the acutal fruit but not pre packaged juices. They contain addes asorbic acid and citric acid. The baby's body cant often handle these extra acids.

I now blend any fruit i want to give her and put it into a sippy cup like a smoothie almost and she loves it. No diaper rash, no gas. Good luck

Also, A&D is not good for baby skin. it tends to clog pores and suffocate the skin, so when you stop using it, the rash just comes back. Try switching to unscented baby wipes and use Desinex only.

impulsive1
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:06 AM

My daughter had something like that and I used antibiotic ointment (the kind you put on under a bandaid) and that helped heal her skin. once her skin healed I used desitin and that completely got rid of the rash. We haven't had any more problems since then using this method.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN