Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

where did you buy...?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2008 at 10:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

Where did you buy thomas the train or something like the trainset..long storey on how but my son now loves the little train i think bc its a little different then a car..so im wondering where to buy then for cheaper then barns and nobles.

by on Oct. 4, 2008 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ARmom
by on Oct. 4, 2008 at 10:32 PM

It seems like they are everywhere - Toys R Us, Walmart, I even found the trains at my grocery store (Wegmans).

Check the online toys stores too - google Thomas the Train toys/train sets.

Also Ebay or Craigslist.  I found tons of wooden tracks on Ebay - that's where I bought mine.

bobbi0110
by on Oct. 4, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Target.  They have a whole Thomas the Train section.  I think there's even leapfrog games (learning games) of Thomas the Train.

EllieBelly817
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 1:52 PM

I'm not sure where you live but I work at AC Moore, a craft store and we have a pretty good selection of Thomas. Every Sunday in the papers there is a 40% off coupon in the flyer on a regular priced item.

perfectmom20
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:15 PM

ROSS also carries them but you have to dig through the toys lol my son also loooves thomas the train! his bedset is thomas =]

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
samaloho
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM

We got a small thomas set for Christmas and they both loved it so we went to look for more and were SHOCKED at how expensive it is!  We found a set at KayBToys in the mall for $20 with like 125 pieces and were all excited about the deal we got but of course some of it is falling apart now.  I would go to ToysRUS, they have 2 different brands.  or try eBay.  i would not suggest buying a really chea pset b/c it's well cheap and will not stand up to toddlers.

shmorris56
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 6:26 PM

Try Toys R Us, Wal Mart, Kmart, Target.  The thrift shop, I've bought so many great things for the kids there, I got a tea set for my DD and she plays with it every day!

supermom2579
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 7:02 PM

We got ours at Toys R US and it was a set...came w/ the train table, train and even a conductors outfit and it was pretty reasonable, around $120.  I was at Target last week and they had a pretty nice selection that seemed to be pretty reasonably priced.  Good Luck.  My son also loves his trains!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)