Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

piercing baby's ears

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 12:51 PM
  • 38 Replies

I was just wondering at what age would you pierce your little girls ears? Or if you wait until they are ready?

Thankyou

Amy

by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AshleyRiv
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 1:34 PM

We got my daughters done when she was three months old

whales
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 1:35 PM

I got my middle childs ears pierced when she was 6 months old at the piercing pagoda in the mall. I also got oldest ones done at the same time she was about 1 and a half. I would have gotten it done sooner but they won't do it if your child is younger than 6 months. They cried for maybe 5 miinutes if that and then they could of cared less. My girls were really good they never played with them or anything. I want to get my youngest daughters done but Im going to wait a few months she is 8 months but only weighs 9 lbs. Go for it...they look so cute on little girls.

ClownPleco
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:36 PM

My SIL pierced my neice's ears when she was about 6 months old. She did very well. As for our daughter, I opted not to do it. I'd rather wait until she asks to have it done (if she ever does).

Mostly, I didn't want to do yet something else to her that hurt and not be able to explain why. With all the other things we have to do to our little ones (vaccinations, nose suctioning when they are sick, etc.) I just couldn't bear the thought of poking holes in her ears and making her cry! lol

laura478
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Yeah!  I wanted to pierce my baby's ears, but they ask for immunization records and she is not vaccinated. :(

Ms64
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I have two girls they both got their ears pierced at three months...they did ask for immunization records....

sweets706
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I think Walmart sells kits to do it yourself

Quoting laura478:

Yeah!  I wanted to pierce my baby's ears, but they ask for immunization records and she is not vaccinated. :(

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 3:12 PM

I would wait until she's old enough to ask for them and help take care of them.  I look at it as a responsibility.  She should help clean them and turn them.

Elke

KBarbie
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

our little girl just got hers pierced right before she turned 4 mos. I had mine done when I was born. :D

There was a 5 year old girl behind us who wanted to get hers done, and the piercer said maybe they should go away for awhile or something so she wouldn't see the baby cry, (this kid wanted it, but was so scared!) so we let her go first and even the cotton made her almost cry! lol. We were talking to all the parents there, and all the ones that said they waited to let them choose when wished they had done it when they were babies because it was so stressful when they were older and knew what was going on.

(I went to claires by the way)

KBarbie
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Claire& icing at the mall only ask you if she is over 3 mos and has had her shots, no proof needed. the guns use the earrings to pierce it, not some needle or something, they open all packaging right in front of you, and give you the big bottle of cleaner included, so it seems very safe. Just tell them she's fine.

Quoting sweets706:

I think Walmart sells kits to do it yourself

Quoting laura478:

shmorris56
by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I wait til they ask me, and ask for awhile!  I got both my older daughters done at 4, both sat stock still and were very pleased.  They got to pick the earrings it was fun, we made a day of it.  I see lots of cute babies with earrings, I don't knock them.  For me I think, what if they really don't want earrings?  I have an 11 month old DD and she'll ask me too if she wants them pierced.  Maybe when she's 4 she'll pick her earrings and we'll make a day of it?  Good luck Mom!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN