Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

piercing baby's ears

Posted by   + Show Post

I was just wondering at what age would you pierce your little girls ears? Or if you wait until they are ready?

Thankyou

Amy

by on Oct. 5, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Replies (31-38):
Emilysmommy2008
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Quoting mom2hannah30:

walmart didn't ask for us

Quoting laura478:

Yeah!  I wanted to pierce my baby's ears, but they ask for immunization records and she is not vaccinated. :(

yea walmart willnot ask u that wherre my dd gad her done

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
JennTheMomma
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM

You should wait till your daughter asks for them. Earings can get stuck on things and a baby wont know how to get untangled and it can rip. Also, pirrcings should be done with a hollow sterile needle, never a piercing gun. The gun can damage the ear and isn't cleaned. I would also not suggest piercing it yourself. Just my 2 cents from experiences.

Jenn- in loveProud Wife to Brian and Proud Momma to Hunter 7/2/07 boy kissing mom

stardust56
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 1:11 PM

i got my daughters ears pierced when she was almost three months. they say to wait until she has had her two month shots..... she cried for a bit, but didn't take long to calm down.. good luck!

star

smartmom0818
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 1:39 PM

I went to wal mart, she was about 3 months, cried for 2 seconds, and she has had them in ever since, well different pairs of course but u know what i mean. She likes them, i love them, and it was easy. I switch them out no problem, and they never got infected or anything. It's just up to you.

mamadetresbbg
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 9:12 AM

I did it when she was 12 weeks, right after her shots (by pediatrician recommendation). I could not wait any more! She looks pretty.

LizMomTo4Girls
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:45 PM

I've gotten both of my older girls ears pierced when there were 3 months and they never had a problem, never touched them or anything.  Now I have twin girls, and might not. Only because I'm afraid they might rip them off of EACH OTHER! I wonder if I'm nuts for thinking that?

LuckieLadie
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM

I will wait and let her get it done on her own, its just one more thing I would have to clean and care for. I used to work at a piercing shop at the mall a long time ago and I hated having to do babies, it was kinda traumatizing for me I guess.

Srodriguez1014
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 2:10 PM

I ACTUALLY WAS LISCENED TO PIERCE EARS WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS BORN,(I WAS WORKING AT CLAIRES) AND I KNEW THE AGE WAS 8 WEEKS BUT I TOOK HER TO MY WORK AT ABOUT 7 1/2 WEEKS AND GOT THEM PIERCED, WE GOT 14KT GOLD STUDS ( VERY TINY) MY DAUGHTER IS NOW ABOUT A YEAR OLD AND SHE HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM HOWEVER ITS GOOD TO NOT CHANGE THEM FOR AT LEAST A YEAR....I STILL HAVENT CHANGED HERS, I KEPT THEM VERY CLEAN ( WITH SOLUTION ON A Q-TIP AND I MOVED THEM OR TWISTED THEM 3 TIMES A DAY FOR ABOUT 6 WEEKS.... ITS BEEN SO LONG NOW THAT I DONT EVEN PAY THEM ATTENTION...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)