Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Cranky kid! (piog)

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 9:04 AM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 7 months old and lately he's been really clingy.  He's refusing to eat solids too.  He closes his mouth tight and when I can sneak it into his mouth he spits it out.  He's starting to whine.  If I won't pick him up or am doing something other than giving him attention he fusses, not all out crying, just fussing.  He also hasn't been napping well.  All of this is starting to drive me nuts!  Yesterday we went out and I ended up carrying him the whole time.  Try shopping, holding a baby and pushing an empty stroller, ARG!  He also gets really frustrated, like he's trying to figure out how to crawl and when his head gets heavy or his leg gets stuck under him he fusses.  He gets so frustrated that he quits trying!  I'm going crazy!  Is he teething, is this the beginning of separation anxiety, do I just have a fussy kid, will he ever figure out how to crawl, will this all calm down and eventually go away??  I'm getting to my wits end!!  I think I just need some encouragement!

Elke

by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BustyMcLeod
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 9:13 AM

sounds like teething to me, especially with the refusing to eat and being clingy.

Dana Erin 

"I'm never going to be famous. I don't do anything, not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more." 
 -Dorothy Parker

Hallmomma
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Babies go through lots of phases...my oldest did the "wanted to be held all the time"  I learned my lesson with my second and third when out in public, I just dont carry them.  They will fight and then learn not to cry about it.  Sometimes I pick them up while shopping, but I dont do it on a regular basis.  As far as the feeding, he may just not want to eat the solids anymore.  Try and take a break from them and then bring them back.  one of my kids never liked babyfood and went from bottle to table food.  Good luck and its the 1st of many many changes they go through :)

ashybaby87
by Member on Oct. 6, 2008 at 1:09 PM

My daughter is 8 months & going through that on & off because she's teething

FS: Clothes, Purses, Jewelry, Baby Items & MORE SEE PHOTOBUCKET

BabiesOnline.com - parent freebies!

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Thank you ladies!  Today he's just had formula to eat,  I know that's not really a problem.  So, I'm going to keep offereing him the baby food, but if he doesn't want it, that's ok. 

As for the rest of it, I think I just needed to vent  a little and needed some encouragement.  Thanks for helping me out.

Elke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)