Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

one more question

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 11:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok sorry new mom. My daughter has a callous on her upper lip from what I'm assuming is sucking on her bottle. Is this bad for her? am I doing something wrong? Can I treat it? Just wondered cause it looks bad but doesnt seem to bother her.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Hallmomma
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 12:58 PM

my babies all get that...I never did anything to it and it would go away on its own eventually.

momtorussell
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 11:09 AM

We had it too.  No problems!  It's normal.

Ange1208
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 12:44 PM

I never experienced this myself but do you think possibly she needs a faster flow nipple.  Maybe she is having to suck too hard.   Just a thought.

justinemarie85
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:54 PM

It is just extra skin- like when out lips peel. My son has them and they will peel off every once in awhile. The skin is pretty thick when it comes off too.

gaalar
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

It is totally normal.  It is because of sucking. When your baby is breast/bottle feeding you will notice that their upper lip is moving.  Because of that it causes friction and makes the lip peel.  You don't need to do anything for it but DON'T rip it off.  It will peel off on it's own.   

fallentears1986
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Thanks ladies, I know it sounds like somethiong stupid to worry about but I'm paranoid!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN