Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
ok a couple things,first i have a daughter who will be four in dec. and i cant seem to get her completely potty trained. i have tried treats, we made a potty board and every time she went she got a stick, i am at my wits end and dont know what do to?? please help??? second my youngest two share a room, which they are fine with, but i cant seem to stop them from sleeping in the same bed, kendall is almost four and tristin will be 3 in feb. they are just so close they never want to leave each other what should i do?i have beds for both and we put them in thier own beds but they dont stay that way, and could it be because they are so close in age? there is only 14 months differnce to the day. please help!!!!
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
raczac
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 4:21 PM

I have cousins that shared a room when they were little and ended up sleeping in the same bed most of the time.  Now they are grown and one is married and the other lives by herself and are doing great on their own  I wouldn't  worry about it they will out grow it.  I would just be glad that they are so close that they feel comfortable to sleep together like that.

Mom to Riley and Zachary

pbrown
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Ok.. Well for my son we set a little alarm clock that went off every 45 mins.  When it went off we sat him on the potty and he had to stay until he went..( most toddlers need to go a little every 30-40 mins).. Then we really praised him with words and made a big deal about going on himself.  We also saw that he was peeing on himself for attention... So when he did pee on himself we would change him and let him go about his day and not give him any extra attention for peeing... Sounds weird but it seemed like he was peeing on himself on purpose so we would pay attention to him.. even if it was bad attention (FYI i was pregnant with my daughter)... Lastly, we took him to the store, let him pick out some new "big boy" underwear and a new bed set... Then when we got home, we let him help make his bed and put the new underwear on and told him not to pee on batman, or transformers (his two picks)...lol.

Lastly, I think its fine that your other two kids sleep together... Its way to early to say they won't be able to function without each other. They just have a close bond which is normal... My daughter will be the same way with my son when she gets old enough.. Hes four and shes five months.. and everytime she hears his voice, she breaks her neck to see him and when he talks to her... she laughs more than when anyone else does...

No worries...

ampld99
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 6:50 PM
thank you both very much, i didnt think them sleeping in the same bed was a big deal just wanted to see others moms outlook on it. but thanks again.i will keep you posted on it.
mamalisa0217
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 2:38 PM

for the potty training- i would try a # of ideas that works for your kiddo. examplles- set timer for every 20 or 30 min( keep an eye on how often they go pee), a sticker chart with a reward at the end of each week if they do good, buy a toy they can have when they have became succesful, try to find a babydoll with a potty, take kiddo to the bathroom with you every time you have to go, bring a potty chair when you guys leave to go somewhere(let kiddo pick it out so they like it & dont be ashamed to bring it with you), some kids, if they stay at home with their parents, do great wearing underwear all day and that works for them. LOTS of praise even if they have an accident. you can also buy potty training underwear- they are thicker. some kids also think pull ups are daipers. try something for a good 2 weeks before you try something else(consistency) thats all i can think of. and with the other kiddos- i wouldnt worry about them sleeping in the same bed- at least they dont have a problem falling asleep. once they begin to get older you can have them do differently.good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)