Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ITS ME, BABY

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi my name is Nicole! I have 3 kids. I have a 5 year old girl, 6 month old boy and a 7 year old step daughter. It's pretty crazy around the house. My daughter stared kindergarden.  So off to school my daughter goes and then the daily chorse start with my son on my hip. The time my daughter gets home it's home work time, its the time my son wakes up from his nap and time to start dinner. My husband gets home at 5 and then I can spend some one on one time with my daughter and her school work. Then we have my step daughter Faith, every weeked, no matter what else is going on. It's hectic but it's my life and I love it.

It's funny cause ever scense I had my daughter I wanted antoher baby. Now that I have one I want the baby stage to be over. I guess I got use to my daughter doing everything on her own. I didnt even get my tubes tied cause I was sure I wanted a 3rd child. Now..... I pretty much think I'm done. I just forgot how exausting just walking out the door. I HAVE TO PACK BAGS AND BOTTLES AND FORGET IT IF HE DIRTYED A DIAPER WHILLE I WAS GETTING EVERYTHING READY. THE TIME I GET ALL HIS STUFF DONE I DONT WANT AS MUCH TIME ON ME ANYMORE CAUSE I JUST WANT TO GET OUTTA THE DOOR.  IT IS LITERALLY LIKE STARTING ALL OVER AGAIN, TUFFER THEN I THOUGHT.  DOSE ANYONE ELSE SHARE MY PAIN OR AM I JUST BEING A BABY?

by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bensmom22
by on Oct. 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM

I get what you're saying. I love my kids, but it is a much bigger hassle to get out the door with a 6 month old than it is with just a 2 year old. I have to have a bigger bag, a bigger stroller, it takes more time to buckle up, somebody's always crying, somebody has to go pee-pee or somebody already did.

PhotoMama2008
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 2:59 PM

I definetly feel your pain.  I am a first time mom of one... she's 8 months old now and its so crazy trying to get ready to get out the door.  I always forget something or over pack.  It makes me nutz, i  always seem to be late to everything.  Even when i plan it all out and get stuff ready the night before, i just cant seem to get out the freakin door.

zillionaire
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:16 PM

I have a 10 mo oId girI, and she is the easiest going kid in the worId.  She is patient, easy-going, and Iow maintenance.  So yeah... I'm scared to death to have a second one because everyone keeps teIIing me that since she's so easy, the next one wiII be a nightmare.  IoI!

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM

I went out with a friend the other day and I really noticed all the crap I have to bring with me.  We were going in her car, so I need the carseat, then the diapers, wipes, formula, bottles, a change of clothes, an extra jacket for the baby (in case it got cold), my purse, etc...  Whatever happened to just running out the door?  It's a major task just to go to Wal-Mart.

Elke

Savedsol
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Ok have faith, because my son is only 2 weeks old, but he's been just as easy as Zoe was as an infant so far.  Even so...it's still a juggling act with 2, but not as hard as I thought.  The worst part is getting up every morning to get Zoe ready for her half day of preschool.  And I don't even have to drive her!  My MIL takes her.  haha.  I'm DEFINITELY done with 2, though. 

Quoting zillionaire:

I have a 10 mo oId girI, and she is the easiest going kid in the worId.  She is patient, easy-going, and Iow maintenance.  So yeah... I'm scared to death to have a second one because everyone keeps teIIing me that since she's so easy, the next one wiII be a nightmare.  IoI!

Blessings, Courtney

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. Psalm 139:13-14

2beRNmommy
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 5:31 PM

No, you are not being a baby! I totally agree!! My oldest is almost 4 and my baby is 9 mo. it was a big adjustment from 1 to 2. especially because I am in nursing school too! It is hectic!! I kinda wish I had them closer together so I didn't get a "break" haha!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)