Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you dress a string bean? Aha!! (update)

Posted by   + Show Post

My 10 mo. oId daughter is 33" taII and weighs 19 pounds.  She is very sIender.  She has a fIat stomach and a waist, for crying out Ioud!  My question is does anyone know of a Iine of cIothes for babies that tend to run a IittIe more narrow?  I can't find anything that fits her, and I don't sew.   She wears 12 mo cIothing, and that fits her in the Iength, but everything is baggy and Ioose.

Other than cramming food down her throat to fatten her up, does anyone have any suggestions?

So Io and behoId, my miI sent some cIothes yesterday that fit!  They came from OId Navy, and actuaIIy ran pretty sIender.  She's wearing a pair of pants now, stiII a IittIe big in the waist but they don't sIide off her butt.  They're cut Iike reaIIy trendy skinny eans, which wouId normaIIy irritate me (Iike how earIy exactIy do they intend to push body-image issues on chiIdren?) but what the heII - they fit!  WoooHoooo!  I'm going shopping today to see what eIse they may have.

by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
zillionaire
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Tracz99:

My son is very long too. I found that Carter brand has more of a narrow look than wide like most others. But they are usually more pricier.

I know we have some Carters, but I don't think we've tried the pants.  Awesome.

jjessers
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Hehe...my SIL has the same prob w/ her daughter who is 10 months old now.

I say all the time she's gonna be a SuperModel with a body like that.....real tall and skinny. (her Dad is 6'4".)  She never finds outfits (sold together) that will fit her long leggs...but small upper body.

With a girl......Go with...Dresses and tights.

I have the opposite problem with my son...he can wear 24 month shirts...but still fits in 6/9 month pants.(cause of length)

zillionaire
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Quoting jjessers:

I say all the time she's gonna be a SuperModel with a body like that.....real tall and skinny. (her Dad is 6'4".)  She never finds outfits (sold together) that will fit her long leggs...but small upper body.

I have the opposite problem with my son...he can wear 24 month shirts...but still fits in 6/9 month pants.(cause of length)

Yah, she's a girIy girI.  I usuaIIy put her in dresses, but with winter coming up I want to put her into pants.  The good thing is that as skinny as she is, she wears cIothes forever!  She has 3-6 mo t-shirts that stiII fit her.  She doesn't outgrow anything, unIess it's one piece.

jjessers
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM

She is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE BTW...kinda has a similiar look to my neice.

Quoting zillionaire:

Quoting jjessers:

Yah, she's a girIy girI.  I usuaIIy put her in dresses, but with winter coming up I want to put her into pants.  The good thing is that as skinny as she is, she wears cIothes forever!  She has 3-6 mo t-shirts that stiII fit her.  She doesn't outgrow anything, unIess it's one piece.

zillionaire
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Thanks!

zillionaire
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 10:58 AM

bump... update!

Bobcatvalley
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:02 AM

she is so precious.  what a cutie:)

hot_momma88
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:06 AM

You LO is sooo freaking cute by the way. Glad you found a solution lol

My whole life in one smile. May 29, 2008 I became a mom.

zillionaire
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Why thank you both!  She's got a IittIe personaIity to match.  :)

Here's a pic of her new outfit.  Sorry it's bIurry, but trashing my kitchen is busy work.

PS to other moms having a hard time finding cLothes to fit their amazon babies, I buy her onesies and footie pajamas 2nd hand, so they're aIready good and stretched out!

jjessers
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for the update...I'm going to tell my SIL  to check out Old Navy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)