Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Toys for an infant... PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 1:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son is 2 months old. We haven't really gotten him any toys or play mats yet. He is becoming pretty alert and curious, so I'd like to start getting things. Any suggestions for toys that will entertain him now and grow with him for at least a few months?

by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuckieLadie
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Some of my DD's favorite toys are:

A mirror ( the kind designed for infants, not real glass!)

Toys that crinkle

Burp cloths and receiving blankets (my baby loves having the blanket put over her so she can kick it off or grab it and bite it lol)

My advice is to go cheap! Right now your baby's favorite toys are his hands and you will have many years ahead of him begging you for the expensive toys.

MommyofTwo719
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 1:53 PM

i dont know the name of this toy, and its a little more expensive (like $30? i think?) but it will last for years! i got it for my first son... it starts out for an infant, you lay them on the floor and place it on top of them, they can kick the animals and make the lights and sounds play. when they can sit up you take off the light part and they can play with that on the floor, adn then when theyre old enough it (very easily) turns into a "horse" they can sit on and play with the light up buttons & music... its by fisher price and here are some pics:

i cant find any pics of the third stage, but he's almost 2 and still playing with it often! i also have a new baby that i will be setting it up for soon. def worth the $$.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Tracz99
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I agree with LuckyLady..go cheap. They dont know the difference, & its the littlest things that amuse them . My son LOVES his mobile. When he was about 2months he would just lay & stare at it forever. We have a play mat for him now that he just cant get enough of. You can always find them on Craigs list for pretty cheap.

Good Luck!! ;)

See....he loves it!! He never wants to let go! lol

JayGirlsMom
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 1:56 PM

this little boat thing!!! my dd and my nephew love, loved, loved it !!!!!!

it was Fisher Price! and about $35.......................totally worth it!  once they can sit up, the arm of it tilts down, and they can play on it sitting up!!!!!!  the best baby toy ever!

kissingblowing bubbles
PROUD WIFE TO CHRIS, AND JAY GIRL'S MOMMY!
I'M NOT YELLING.......I JUST TYPE REALLY LOUD! LOL! =-)

zillionaire
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 2:15 PM

The best infant toys I have found are those IittIe Iinking rings.  They're super cheap.  My daughter Ioved hoIding it and Iooking at it, then passing it from hand to hand.  She stiII occassionaIIy comes across one of them and wiII pick it up and carry it around with her.  Sometimes she waIks around with it in her mouth Iike it's a IittIe doggy toy.

keykey989
by on Oct. 8, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Tummy time mats are great, mirrors, at my baby shower I got this toy made by the discovery channel and it grows with baby each month up to 4 yrs., pretty much any activity center, right now I keep stopping at all yard sells for toys to help save on some money.

WBloink
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 5:05 PM

My son loved anything that makes noise really liked the rattle that came with the flowers i got in the hospial.

tippymorgan08
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM

We just ordered our son an awewsome activity gym. I can't wait for it to arrive. It's the Tiny Love ActiviTot Developmental Gym. The great part is, it's nothing something that he won't outgrow in a few months. He can use it up to a year old, and past that too! If you click the link, you can watch a demo about all the features it has and at the bottom of the page, it shows how it helps baby's developmental growth in stages.

I love that it has a boppy like pillow in the middle for his tummy time.

The only thing is, it's pricey, but for my husband and I it was worth putting the money into because it's something he can use for a long time, and it's something that will help us to teach him as well.

Tiny Love has some cheaper activity gyms, but IMO they don't offer as much as the ActiviTot.

onehotmama629
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 10:13 PM

well neither of my boys were very interested in the play mat...but they both seem to love anything musical, with flashing lights or makes a crinkling sound or things they can grab onto and shake or hold....i know toys can be expensive so i would also suggest go cheap because you never know if they will like it or not...if they don't like it then it was a waste of money....also instead of buying new, a great way to get cheap things is go to consignment shops or even yard sales.  Good luck.!

Amber115
by on Oct. 9, 2008 at 10:17 PM

A taggie can be bought or made... great for this age.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN