Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate doctors!!!

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM
  • 1 Replies

Ok so this really has nothing to do with my children just me. I have been going to the doctor and complaining of back pain. This has existed since  i was 15 and now with my third child it has become unbearable. The one told me to take Naproxen an anti imflammatory. Ok I already told her I been taking prescription strength Ibuprophen. 1200 milligrams also an antiimflammatory. DIDNT WORK!!! I go to another doc today and he prescribes me flexirol and a xray and urine analises. Xray I am gratefull for because maybe they can finally look at what is wrong. The flexrol you take at night I guess. Well what the hell good is that gonna do me during the day? Why cant I get someone to give me something for pain? I dont understand this madness. Also this appt was originally for my a.d.d meds not back pain. He is running behind and tells me I have to come back for that. WTF? I had to wait two weeks to get in and now I have to come back for something that was supposed to be addressed today? Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? They also ordered physical therapy which I had when I was pregnant and it didnt do any good. I am getting fed up and return to work soon where I will be doing lots of bending and lifting. Help please!

by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
frndlyfn
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Sorry to hear you are getting the run around. My bf also suffers from extensive back pain due to an accident about 20 years ago. His doctors will only give him naprozen and flexirol. I think they are hesitant to give any serious pain medication due to the high addiction rate.  I hope physical therapy help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)