Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby foods...

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 5:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

My dd is 4 and a half months old.  Weve recently started feeding her baby food in the morning and at supper.  She usually gets a fruit in the morning and a veggie at supper.  Shes been doing great with it.  Someone told me that we should get her eating meats once a day for protien, but i thought you werent supposed to start babies on meats till 7 or 8 months.  What did you ladies do?  Should i wait on the meats?

by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
leyash
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 6:02 PM

I started my son on plain rice cereal at 4 months, then we started the baby food at 6 months.

So right now, this is his schedule (roughly):

8am - 8oz bottle

10:30am - 1 jar of fruit w/ 2oz rice cereal

1pm - 8 oz bottle

3:30pm - 8oz bottle

6pm - 1 jar veggie, 1 jar fruit

8:30pm - 1 jar fruit w/ 3oz cereal & 8 oz bottle for bed

& he sleeps until 7-8am. :]

lilNathansMommy
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM

MY dr. told me to wait til 8 months for the meats, because there was TOO much protein for that little of a child in the baby food.  I would wait!

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM

My son is 7 months and no meat for him yet.  He does rice cereal, veggies and fruit. 

Elke

joyce6489
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 7:28 PM

i would wait on the meats.. I started Olivia on meat at around 8 months or so. So i would hold off and get all the veggies and fruit in.

raczac
by on Oct. 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM

My doctor told me not to give my babies plain meats in baby food at any age he said they had to much protein in them.  We strated with the Chicken and rice and did everything with chicken in it first them moved on just the way you do with the fruits and vegies.  I didn't start them on these until they were about seven months though. Good Luck

Mom to Riley and Zachary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN