Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I'm Having a lil bit of BABY fever!! Is there anyone else having same feelings?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is going to be 7 months on the 22nd of this month he's just getting so big. I love being a mother. Lately, I've been having a little bit of baby fever. I'm terriable I've been watching tlc bring home baby and the baby story. I've even picked out some names. I want one, but I know we are going to wait till Sean at least 3 or 4. We want to have some bills paid off and get into our own house.  Im just wondering if there is other mommies having these same feelings.  I feel kind of bad for having these feelings. My husband tells me well have more kids later, but you have a little guy right now. Am i wrong for having these feelings?

by on Oct. 10, 2008 at 12:34 PM
Replies (41-49):
mommyofblueyes7
by on Oct. 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM

I know exactly how you feel! My daughter is 2 months old this sunday and yesterday my husband and I were talking about already wanting another one for her! I'm doing the whole watching Bringing Home Baby and A Baby Story as well so I definitely know what you're meaning.

Seandobie22
by on Oct. 10, 2008 at 7:31 PM

I see what your saying. I think I could only donate to my own family.

Quoting Ysobel:

Quoting Seandobie22:

Congrats 6 healthy babies are great. I think you should get support. If you can afford it and there health then there shouldn't be anything wrong about it.  I've thought about doing Surrogacy, but I don't think I could carry a baby for 9 months and turn around and give it up it must be hard.  I am doing egg donations though!

Quoting Ysobel:

my littlest one is almost 6mo(and our 6th one).  I hope that all of you wanting more get your wish.  I feel insane for thinking I might want one or two more.  I think for me at least its cause I want to have one, just one pregnancy where people actually get excited and are supportive. 

I've thought about  being a sarragent(sp), I never had a problem getting pregnant and I've never had any complications for myself or the baby during pregnancy.  I've been very fortunate in that. I have no clue how I would go about that though.

lol, yeah the affording anymore we can't do right now.  I don't think I could handle donating my eggs, but I do feel a could carry a baby and then give the baby to its parents; because I know that no part of that baby is a part of me. I would just be helping it grow till it could be born.

Seandobie22
by on Oct. 10, 2008 at 7:32 PM

glad to know IM not the only one crazy and watching TLC. LOL it's so hard not to. I was going to nursing school, but have to put it on hold for my son, but I was going to do labor and delievery.

Quoting mommyofblueyes7:

I know exactly how you feel! My daughter is 2 months old this sunday and yesterday my husband and I were talking about already wanting another one for her! I'm doing the whole watching Bringing Home Baby and A Baby Story as well so I definitely know what you're meaning.

Hailzter
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 6:10 PM

see i have totally mixed feelings.
i have a ten month old, and i love her! she is great and fun, and so cute. and when i think of the fact that she will be an only child, i get so sad! i dont know what i would be like if i didnt have any brothers or sisters (oh and i have alot! lol) i want at least 1 more child, but i am still very young. and i want to become a medical assistant, and i want a house, and a good source of income and such...but by then she will be at least 5 or 6 ! (told you i was young)

i think that is too far apart to be close to a sibling...and my bf wants another one too! but i already hate what pregnancy has done to my body...i feel like just this one has ruined it for life..i dont want to know what a second one would make me look like!

and i remember, the newborn stage was the hardest for me..i cant live when im waking up every two hours! and i cant imagine how all you moms handle two kids, all of my life is revolved around my one child! i think i would go crazy!

i am getting baby fever....but i have to strain myself...i cannot handle taking care of my kid while pregnant, i cant handle taking care of a newborn and a toddler, and i cant handle all of this and my bf!!! lol

Proud Mother of Samantha Paigebaby girl

jlcohen
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 8:34 PM

My husband thinks I'm crazy but I'm starting to get baby fever again.  I can understand why --- we have a 16 month old and a 3 week old!  Even with all the sleepless nights and the exhaustion from having to chase around my 16 month old during the day, it's not enough to deter me!  I'm an only child and just want a big family --- with all of them close in age.  I'm breast feeding so it'll be a little difficult to try without having a regular cycle --- although I was breast feeding my son when I got pregnant with my daughter so I guess we shall see what time brings us.

virgo31
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 8:46 PM

We have a 2 1/2 year old boy and a 6-mth.-old girl - we should be happy and done, right?  I know we can't afford another and my husband's even getting a vasectomy next year, but I am starting to feel that pang as well.  They do grow up so fast!  I was thinking of maybe volunteering somewhere with babies so maybe I can get it out of my system that way!  Plus I was sooo uncomfortable during my last pregnancy that I really don't want to go through that again!

linzeesmom
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 9:12 PM

I understand where you are comming from my little one will be 2 next month and i want another. I have been doing the same things you are. And my man to says not right now. It is normal what you are going through.

VeronicaJane
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 12:13 PM

I had these same feelings and i guess i still do. My son is now almost 14 months and I am pregnant with my second one. As much as I want another baby, I feel kind of bad for my son because i will be taking away from some of his attention. I love my son and I just don't want to make him feel neglected or anything. But, at the same time, I want another baby but I do have to wait until March. I hate feelings of mixed emotion.

I am a full-time working, part-time student, vaccinating, tattoed, ears pierced 9x, married before I got pregno, step-mother of one girl, mother of one boy and surprise baby due in March 2009. I will vote Obama but I wish that people would just vote!!!

Mom2Just1
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2008 at 12:52 PM

My son is 2.5 years old and we are not ready to even think about trying for another.  I do not want to go back to breastfeeding, up all nights, changing diapers, etc again.  I am enjoying our son to the fullest and cherishing the little things he does new everyday because they grow up so fast.  Thankfully my husband and I are on the same page regarding this.  We think our son is to young anyways to start trying for baby already.  We always discussed trying again when he was 2 but when that came we decided we were not ready.  Plus we are having to much fun with Connor and I like being a family of 3!

Candace

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)