Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

i love my life as a mommy and a wife....but i just want a night all to myself....why should i feel guilty about that...i feel trapped sometimes, and i dont like it.

in loveblowing bubblesbreastfeeding

by on Oct. 10, 2008 at 11:58 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bobcatvalley
by on Oct. 11, 2008 at 9:09 PM

now being a mother to two I definitely feel like you do.  With one, I could get away with me time more often.  Now with two, I either have both kids with me or at least one.  I would settle for just having adult time with my husband after the kids are asleep.  He falls asleep as soon as they do.  Lovely.

honeybee72178
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 4:09 PM

Try to get out. I have a friend who watches my little one so I can get away. It made me a better mom because when I come back I'm ready to focus on being a mom again, and I have the patience to deal with him being a baby. I hate to say it but going to work 2 days a week helps me as well. I get a full day of adult time and it helps me recharge.

maritel414
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:16 PM

lol... thats what i'm afraid of. that i would have to wait that long....

Quoting gaalar:

You know sometimes I feel the same way.  I just want a night to relax and not have to do everything.  I know that will never happen since my hubby can' do anything without me.  Oh well I have the next 18 years until I get a night alone.  LOL

maritel414
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM

LMAO...THAT IS SO TRUE. ALTHOUGH, I SOMETIMES FALL ASLEEP FIRST.

Quoting Bobcatvalley:

now being a mother to two I definitely feel like you do.  With one, I could get away with me time more often.  Now with two, I either have both kids with me or at least one.  I would settle for just having adult time with my husband after the kids are asleep.  He falls asleep as soon as they do.  Lovely.

in loveblowing bubblesbreastfeeding

maritel414
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:26 PM

We just moved an hour away (w/out traffic)  from our familys. as you can see i have no one to trust with my girls. AND when we are visiting, for some reason i cant seem to let thtm go. I want to though. Theres nothing like trying to get your hair and nails done with your kids running around or a hubby with a bored look on his face.

Quoting honeybee72178:

Try to get out. I have a friend who watches my little one so I can get away. It made me a better mom because when I come back I'm ready to focus on being a mom again, and I have the patience to deal with him being a baby. I hate to say it but going to work 2 days a week helps me as well. I get a full day of adult time and it helps me recharge.

SweetPixie013
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

all mommies feel this way. Really. this is my second son and i still feel this way.

maritel414
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM

OMG. you made my eyes watery. I feel so bad for my hubby as well. I swear I am lucky if I could dry my body before putting on my clothes sometimes. AND belive me, knowing i'm not alone with these feelings helps me alot. wink

Quoting penguina1980:

I feel the same way.  I feel guilty for giving the baby to my husband so I can take my time in the shower.  I know I feel that way because my husband works all day and so to me it doesn't matter that I have had my 2 month old stuck to my chest all day and that i have still managed to clean the house and pay bills.  I still feel guilty.  I hate that.  I am thankful that my son now sleeps through the night.  I no longer need to pass the baby off for hours at a time to catch up on sleep.  I wish I could offer some advice on how to get over the guilt but I havent gotten over it yet.  Even though my husband is constantly telling me "It's ok he's my son too."

maritel414
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 6:06 PM

well we do. but we just moved an hour away from them. and i cant bare the tought of not being around them. could you believe how confused i am

Quoting fallentears1986:

I think we all feel this way at some point or another. Don't feel guilty. Even the experts say that you need some time to yourself. Is there anyone you could get to watch the baby for a night so you can go out and have a good time? luckily I have a great MIL and parents that can watch my daughter ever now and again while I go out which hasnt been that much actually but its comforting to know the options there if I need it.

maritel414
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 6:28 PM

that is my biggest fear. leaving my baby to a stranger. but having someone at home where i can see them of hear them is a really good idea. i'll have to look in to that. thanks.thank you

Quoting LuckieLadie:

You should absolutely try to enjoy some time alone when you can, it does NOT make you a bad mom to admit you need some "me time". Try to pass your baby to a friend or family member for at least a few hours a week if you can, take a nap or get a massage, do whatever makes you feel good about yourself so you can return to your baby fresh and rejuvenated :)

A few times when I was sooooo tired and didn't have anyone to help me during the day I found a babysitter online, she came over for a few hours and watched my baby while I took a nap in the next room. I had the monitor so I knew what was going on the whole time and it was such a nice break.

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 7:18 PM

My hubby is wonderful!  On his days off I get to take a nap.  I feel so so so guilty, but he insists.  He'll have daddy time and I get to read my book and sleep for a few hours.

Elke

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN