Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

MIrena good or bad?

Posted by   + Show Post

Here's the thing, my husband and I are extremely fertile.  My two kids are 18 months apart and my husband and definetly don't want anymore for awhile.  HOWEVER WE WANT MORE EVENTUALLY!  We've both agreed we want a big family but we want to finish college before anymore.  So we need birth control.  My daughter was conceived on condoms.  And I am planning on breastfeeding for at least a year.  AND I am partially Bipolar so I need something that won't affect my mood that much.  I have had a hard time with the pill in the past remembering it. 

What have you found as the best method of birth control?  I'm planning on getting the mirena.  But i would like more info? How effective? any Problems? 

by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM
Replies (21-22):
conorsmommy515
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM

I LOVE it.  I will never go back to the pill again i've had it since the end of may.  I have had no mood swings, i haven't gained any weight, i don't get bloated when im on my period.  No pms which my hubby loves.  Money well spent by insurance.  Just make sure your insurance will pay for it, some won't and it's almost $900.  Oh and i have the lightest and shorest periods i have ever had.  IT"S GREAT

NYCITYGIRL73
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I AM GETTING PARAGUARD THERE ARE NO HORMONES IN IT. IF YOU CAN'T DO HORMONES LIKE THE PILL THEN I SUGGEST TP USE PARAGUARD. I HAVE HBP SO I CAN'T DO THE HORMONE THING. GOOD LUCK AND MINERA IS GOOD FOR 5 YEARS PARAGUARD 10 YEARS...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)