Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

help, my 3 week old is backed up!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I had to start supplementing my breast milk with formula because my milk is drying up...anyway

she has not gone poo since 2am and its now 6pm...which is very unusual for her she usually has a little poo every diaper change...anyway...

what do I do? I given her 2 baths today hoping to help her along and ease her tummy pain...

I left a message with the on call pediatrician...but its a non-profit clinic so I dont hold out much hope they will return my call..

I was thinking of getting baby suppositories anyone have any advice???

Oops...mommie!
Did the stork visit you unexpectedly?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/oopsmommy

Work or want to work in Criminal Justice?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/criminaljusticemommas

by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Replies (11-15):
star23515
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 7:42 PM

I completely agree...

Quoting LuckieLadie:

I wouldn't recommend the thermo trick unless it has been more than 3 days but its your choice. I give my baby a little bottle of warm water and an oil massage after a warm bath when is been more than a day and it usually helps. Baby just has to get better at pushing it out, another month and it should be easier for her.

ang3078
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 10:26 PM

i gave my 2 month old  prune juice and it worked.  With my 1 kid i had to change to prosobe because it was to much iron in the regular stuff.  Good luck

american flag ribbonhttp://www.myspace.com/angie2678  always looking for new friends.

impulsive1
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 12:47 PM

My first son had a lot of tummy problems. We switched to soy formula because we found out he was lactose intolerant. Whenever our children (2 boys, 1 girl) we use a mixture of 2 parts water, 1 part prune juice and that usually helped them from being stopped up.

JamarisMommy731
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 12:51 PM

DS has always had a hard time pooping... the dr said he's fine as long as he doesn't go more than 7 days without a BM.  and if he seems to be in pain b/c of it, give him and ounce or 2 of water or do the q-tip with ky on it.  people recommended the karo syrup, and i tried it.  it didn't work, but when i told the dr about it, he almost jumped out of his chair freaking out! lol.  he said it's the same as honey and you're not supposed to give it to babies b/c there's some kind of bacteria or something they can get from it.  idk.  whatever.  to each his own, i say... and honestly, the only reason i didn't use it again is b/c it didn't work for my son.  for him, the q-tip worked wonders.

AlexisMariesMom
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 4:46 PM

White Karo is ok its the Dark that has the botulism (sp) spores in it like honey. Some doctors will say to use dark but most reccomment the white.

My daughter has had constipation issues since birth. (allergic to cow's milk protein) so she is now on soy formula and when she gets bound up we use 1/2 - 1 oz of prune juice to 3 oz of formula. Usually does the trick.

the nicu dr started this method when she was 2 weeks old.

Hope she gets some relief!

Rosetta

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)