Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler Beds?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 10:30 PM
  • 10 Replies

I was wondering when other women started putting their children in toddler beds.  My son is almost 14 months old.  When he is in his crib in the morning he tends to wake up and play for a while before we even know that he is awake, sometimes he plays then goes back to sleep for a few hours and dosent get out of bed till like 11 or 12.  When he is playing a lot of time he holds on the side of the crib and jumps around.  This has caused the screws to come loose on his bed which I got used.  Some of the screws have come out compleatly and i have had to put them back in.  We have had a toddler bed for him that we have had for a few months now and have been waiting for him to be ready to use the big boy bed.  Is it too early for me to put him in his new bed? Thanks for any input  you might have.

by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmamafeb
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I say try it out I started putting my daughter in one when she started walking not right away but when she was walking really good which was around 12 months she started walking at 10 months but anywho I would say give it a try the only thing I hate about toddler beds is the fact that they can get out of bed without you even kinowing it.

mom2hannah30
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 11:13 PM

LOL my daughter is 2 and still in bed with us but we are working on it slowly

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

proudmamafeb
by on Oct. 12, 2008 at 11:16 PM

My daughter sleeps in bed with me to but she atleast starts off in her own bed LOL my son who is almost 8 months old sleeps in my bed with me too so I have 4 ppl in one bed no wonder I have so many back problems at the age of 22! LOL

Quoting mom2hannah30:

LOL my daughter is 2 and still in bed with us but we are working on it slowly

Powered by CafeMom Toolbar - Get yours today!

isaboo22
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM

I just put my one twin in a toddler bed (well took the rail off her crib to make a day bed) and she is 22 mos. Both my girls are out of cribs for about 2 mos. now.

Hallmomma
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:49 AM

I would try and fix the screw problem...it should fall out when he is jumping...but I also know lots who put their kids in toddler beds at that age.  I didnt with mine until 18 months because he was climbing out of his crib then.  WIth my second, we went from crib to a twin because he never climbed out and we didnt move him until he was 2.

MyTwoAngels0608
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 10:12 AM

I put my daughter in a toddler bed after she was 20 months old.  I didn't want her getting out and roaming around until she was old enough to understand she could hurt herself without Mommy or Daddy being awake.

Andrea (27), DH (29), DD (2), DS (born 6/23/08). Two furbabies Sasha (English Bulldog) and Toby (Mini-Dachshund)
pajunfur
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Thanks for everyones input. I did start him in the toddle bed a few nights ago, the crib broke as we took it apart and cant be fixed but he has done fine in the bed.  It is a car bed so its practicly on the floor as it is and he has slept all night through sence we put him in it.

saralouise
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:03 PM

I put my nearly 2 yr old in atoddler bed when he was 13 mos, he's never fallen out nor hashe ever snuck out of bed/argued about it. my oldest, we used to co-sleep and he still don't want to sleep in his bed. he prefers the floor in his room (finally got him out of our room) he's 3.

I don't judge you for doing it, it's just not for us.

Aidansmom120606
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 9:29 AM

We converted Aidan's crib into a full size bed on Sunday...he is doing AMAZING!! I'm so glad we did it...at first I was a bit worried,,,but he started waking up at night 2 months ago so I figured it couldn't get any worse than it was! :)  **knock on wood** he has slept through the night now in his own bed since Sunday and loves it...I cried the whole time we took down his crib, but it was so worth it in the end! :)

lyndallsmom
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 9:42 AM

DD#1 was in her crib until she turned 3. We got her a big girl twin size bed for her birthday and she loves it. We couldn't justify buying 2 beds back to back since they don't stay in the toddler beds too long anyway.

Kim

in lovebreastfeeding

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)