Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby Question

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 10:30 AM
  • 9 Replies

My baby has started sticking his fingers down his throat.  It's annoying and it worries me b/c sometimes he does it to where he vomits.  Has anyone ever dealt with this and any suggestions that might get him to stop?

He is almost a year old.  He was doing it when he was younger and he stopped when he was about 4 months old; just recently started back about a month ago.

by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ms.taylor_made
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 11:48 AM

How old is your baby???

Bobcatvalley
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 12:29 PM

wow.

musicangl
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM

how old is your baby? my toddler does it when she gets pissed off.. she sticks her fingers down her throat.. but young babies do it because they just figure out they can.. my toddler does it for attention.. iignore her or say dont stick your fingers down your throat. lol

zillionaire
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 12:34 PM

IoI... babies are stupid.

My daughter did this a few times because it was new and neat.  Then something eIse came aIong to do with her hands, it might have been patty cake or feeding the dog her Iunch, and she forgot about her budding buIimia probIem.

I can't wait untiI she hoIds her breath untiI she passes out.  That shouId be worth a Iaugh or two.

If the baby is young enough not to puII them off, you might try putting mittens on his hands untiI he forgets.

Ctf510
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 12:37 PM

My son does it still... He's 5 months but he's never thrown up ?!

ethans_mommy5
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Yeah my son does the same thing. He's 16 1/2 mths and he thinks it's funny. He's never thrown up though.

boy kissing momcombingashley, ethan, & shawn

melpiphi1701
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 1:18 PM

My son did this from the time he was 6 months old untill he was about 10 months old. Scared the crap out of me. I actually started smacking his fingers when he did it but he thought that was funny. Other than pulling his fands out of his mouth I couldn't think of anything else to do. Thank goodness he grew out of it.

lilNathansMommy
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 5:11 PM

we had this problem at the daycare i worked at.......we just threw mittens on her and after a few days she realized she couldn't do it.

conorsmommy515
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 5:28 PM

My 5 month old son does that all the time, except when he gags he thinks it's funny and giggles. The only thing i can suggest is the mittens, it worked for me for about a week then he figured out how to get them off, I think this is something they will just grow out of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)