Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Potty Time

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son just turned 2 on the 3rd of Oct. And getting him to want to go potty in the potty has been such a pain. He knows whenever he goes in his diaper. He runs and says "Momma diaper wet/dirty, change me". But I'll ask him if he needs to go potty he yells "No Momma no potty" and will cry when I set him up there. He has gone a few times. but I just don't how to get him excited to want to go in the big boy potty. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

...J

by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lilmansmom13
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 4:43 PM

When I helped potty train my nephew we would sing "PeePee in the potty! Pee pee in the potty" and dance around everytime he went and he loved it!

Brooklynsmom119
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 4:46 PM

put real underwear with the plastic pants over them. he probably wont like the wet itchy feeling. most dont. dont confuse him with diapers and underwear. stick to one thing to get him going.

Brooklyn's Mommy

breastfeeding I'm a huge fan of whipping out the boob! Lets feed our children!

Breast are actually for breastfeeding. Society makes breast sexual which makes mothers uneasy about feeding their children the way God intended for them to be fed. Remember that the breasts function are to feed our babies, not for a mans amusement.

saralouise
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 5:14 PM

when I was potty training my oldest son I just kept reminding him that he was ready to be a big boy and babies use diapers. he didn't like tinking he was a baby so he would get mad and use the potty.also with peeing on the potty, you can throw cereal in it and have him aim at it. they also have those kinds of things in baby's r us that look like lil toys they can pee on and be flushed. good luck, I'm gonna start potty training my 2nd son next month, he'll be 23 months

I don't judge you for doing it, it's just not for us.

ClownPleco
by on Oct. 13, 2008 at 10:35 PM

He may be scared of the toilet. It's kind of big...and things disappear when the water goes down the drain. Maybe he's afraid of falling in and going down the drain, too.

Have you tried a kid-sized potty?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN