Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby monitors?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 10:32 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hay ladies , i need tips for baby monitors ... i didnt need em w/ my 1st baby so i have no clue wat to look for ... umm ... i only have a small apartment (2 bedroom , soon to be 3 after the baby comes && my landlord moves me) but see we need one cuz my bf has a little hearing problem , and he said like wen i take a nap or im busy he wants to be able to hear her w/o bein in the same room as her ... so i was wondering whats a good but not so expensive one we can get?

Thnx for all the help!! =)

The Breast Cancer Site

by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hot_momma88
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 10:51 AM

This is what we have. It was a baby shower gift so I'm not sure how much it cost but it is AMAZING!! You can see everything and it has adjustable sound so you can just look at baby, or turn it all the way up so you can hear every wimper and grunt.

My whole life in one smile. May 29, 2008 I became a mom.

Danesmommy1
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I have a Graco one that has a video camera on it too.  The camera can see in the dark, very cool.  I love it.  I can see, as well as hear, the baby.  It's very easy to carry around.

Elke

gmwood
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 11:10 AM

We have a fisher price sound n lights monitor with dual Receivers. We really didn't think we needed one with a camera because we have a small place and I was more comfortable getting up to check on her anyway. It was a shower gift and it was about $30.

It picks up every little sound but it also gets static interfearance when the light in the living room is on. We actually would have been fine with just one receiver but a second one can be handy.

All in all though it does what we need it to do and we like it.

Mom2b_of2under2
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 11:43 AM

we have a small 3 bedroom duplex and we have the same one as below for mty son and it picks up the smallest sounds, and even if you don't want it too loud the lights on the front are bright and indicate and noise or movement and the biggest plus--it's not expensive! good luck!

Quoting gmwood:

We have a fisher price sound n lights monitor with dual Receivers. We really didn't think we needed one with a camera because we have a small place and I was more comfortable getting up to check on her anyway. It was a shower gift and it was about $30.

It picks up every little sound but it also gets static interfearance when the light in the living room is on. We actually would have been fine with just one receiver but a second one can be handy.

lilNathansMommy
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 10:50 PM

we have this one too.........would say the same things as other moms.:)

Quoting Mom2b_of2under2:

we have a small 3 bedroom duplex and we have the same one as below for mty son and it picks up the smallest sounds, and even if you don't want it too loud the lights on the front are bright and indicate and noise or movement and the biggest plus--it's not expensive! good luck!

Quoting gmwood:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)