Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

nap time problems!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

Since my DD was 2 months old, she has been sleeping through the night (10-12 hrs) and taking 2 naps a day that were a least an hour long. She is 4 1/2 months old and now all of a sudden she will only take like a 15 min nap!!! she does wake up earlier in the morning, which doesnt bother me, but the 15 min nap is killing me! I think that she is teething already, but its not like she wakes up all fussy and cranky, just her normal happy self! anyone else have this happen to them? or have any suggestions?

by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bensmom22
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:35 PM

I think if she wakes up crying, she probably hasn't gotten her nap out. You might try giving her some Hyland's teething tablets and if she still wakes up, see if you can go in and pat her every  5 minutes until she goes back to sleep. It may take a while and it is a form of cry-it-out, so if you're opposed to that you might have to rock her back to sleep.

renee3218
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:39 PM

no, she doesnt wake up crying, its like she did sleep for an hour! I have those teething tablets, you think I should give tem to her before her nap?

LuckieLadie
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:41 PM

I am having almost this same issue, she has been waking up and not really crying...just kinda swaking and quacking after 10 or 15 mins. I just try to leave her alone and see if she goes back to sleep because I want her to get in the habit of soothing herself back to sleep on her own. But if she starts crying hard I pick her up. Same thing in the morning, I just lay in bed for an hour or so listening to her noises until they get more irate and I go get her, sometimes she goes back to sleep for several hours though..I love those mornings!

baby girl        happy

jajamama
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:45 PM

its been a long time but my son went through this and it lasted for a short while then he went back to his regular schdule make sure she is eating  well and pooping regulary sorry thats graphic but babies tend to be very literal lol

renee3218
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 1:48 PM

k, thank you ladies. At least I know others are going through it too:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)