Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

chicken pox scare PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 2:37 PM
  • 2 Replies

My 22 yr old sister just came home w chicken pox. She was the only one of us 6 never to get it. I had it at 4 so im immune. My worry is #1 my 8 month old son was around her 2 days ago and #2 i am 16 wks pregnant. I am waiting for his dr and my OB to call me back and im scared. Im pretty sure my son will be ok even if he gets it but i read that my unborn baby could die or have severe birth defects. It said that even though im immune that my baby could catch it as my body kills the virus with immunities. Im just scared and worried waiting for drs to call.

8 month old son & 16 wks pregnantice creamstork

by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Bobcatvalley
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM

DOn't read stuff and get freaked out.  I wouldn't worry about it.  If your son gets it, it wouldn't be as bad as to get it as an adult.

hunnielane
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 7:25 PM

UPDATE....Pediatrician said my son will be fine if he gets it as long as fevers dont get to high or sores get infected. As for unborn baby the OB rushed me in to be tested. If i have been exposed they will have to monitor me at the hospital. If i was past 20 wks the baby would be ok but since im 16 wks if the baby gets sick it could die or have birth defects. Dr said to stay away from all contageous areas. If my son gets sick then my sister will have to take care of him which makes me sad but its worth it to make sure this baby is ok

8 month old son & 16 wks pregnantice creamstork

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN