Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

off bottle

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am in the middle of taking my son completely off the bottle. Last night we went to bed with a sippy cup instead of a bottle. He is only ten months old but do ya'll think he is to young? I think that if he does good with it then what is wrong with it?

Athena Heim

baby
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bensmom22
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM

I think it's fine. My DS refused the bottle at 10 months and we started giving him milk in a sippy during the day. A lot of people think that's too young for whole milk but hid ped said it was okay and he did fine.

athenaheim
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:10 PM

I cant give my son reg milk he is lactose intolerant. So he is on the special milk (lactose free).

Quoting bensmom22:

I think it's fine. My DS refused the bottle at 10 months and we started giving him milk in a sippy during the day. A lot of people think that's too young for whole milk but hid ped said it was okay and he did fine.

Athena Heim

baby
sarahsmommy1005
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I say if he is 10 months and he took the sippy sup then go ahead and keep that up.  I don't think that is too young. If I'm not mistaken my ped said 9 months is ok to start introducing the sippy cup

2cuddlebabies
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 6:52 PM

i breastfeed so i introduced the sippy cup at 4 months for a little water. I think you should keep up with the sippy cup. my opinion it is not too young. especially if you want your lil one off the bottle.

Do you keep up with celebs and their kids? Check out my group Celebrity Babies 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/celebbabies

frndlyfn
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 7:36 PM

wtg if you can keep him on sippy cups.  I always see 3 yr olds walking around with a baby bottle and it makes me frustrated.

JaelynS
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM

my son is taking the sippy with his juice he is 4 months

finally  met the little kickboxer who's been living inside me for so long!
<3 Jaelyn

Ethan was born June 18th, 2008. He weighed 6lbs 13 3/4 oz and was 20 inches long.

addymom08
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM

my health dept told me to start giving her a sippy cup at six months. so if it works i think you should. good luck.

LINDSAY S
perfectmom20
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 2:43 PM

My son was off the bottle and onto a sippy at 9 months...then he got weaned himself off the night sippy at 2 yrs lol

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
perfectmom20
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Grrr!!! i just dont get it!! it makes me frustrated too lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

wtg if you can keep him on sippy cups.  I always see 3 yr olds walking around with a baby bottle and it makes me frustrated.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
musicangl
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 3:13 PM

lol my oldest i went cold turkey on her the week she turned 18 months.. i couldnt take the bottle anymore.. but my 8 month old is still bf but she is drinking water from her sisters sippy cups. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)