Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby acne...help!

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has your baby had baby acne?  Where at? For how long? When did it go away? What did your doctor say about it?

by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Charmedmommy82
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 7:09 PM

My baby is almost 1 month old and has it on her face...the dr said it will go away on its own and to just wash her face with a moistened cottonball...no soap. I'd like to know how long it lasts too! But I guess every baby is different and it will go away in due time....

newmom2be08
by on Oct. 14, 2008 at 11:52 PM

My DS had acne around 5 weeks...it was mostly on his forehead and cheeks.  I thought it would never go away but it did.  If I remember correctly, he had clear skin by 2-21/2 mos.  I never called the doc about it, but I would suggest to just GENTLY wash his/her face daily with a soft washcloth without soap.  I think the soap could irritate it further, IMO.  Hang in there...it will get better!  I traded in baby acne for cradle cap...we are still fighting that somewhat.  UGH!

scooter81
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 8:11 AM

my son had baby acne for the first 2 months.i wiped his face with a baby wipe twice a day, and the doc told me to put neosporen or a&d ointment on his face. so i put that on after his bath at night. and it cleared up in about 2 weeks. now hes 4 months and he just gets a few little spots once in a while.i still put the neoporen on him every night after bath. that seems to due the trick....but my friends daughter had it bad and her doc gave her a special cream for it. u should look into that

Surromom99
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Are you nursing your baby?  We have hormones that we give to our baby through the breast milk and so since the baby is getting this they are also getting the acne too. 

I'm still nursing and my daughter has it really bad on her chin only, it used to be little spots all over her face....I think it's a combo of hormones plus she's teething and slobbering all over the place and it's irritating her sensitive skin.

Ask your doc about it~ mine suggested over the counter Hydrocortisone 1/2 %~ I got it at Target.  It's for Itch and Rash relief.

Good luck to your little one!

Juliet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)