Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

get to know me

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Gina I am a proud mother of an 8th month old daughter, Kiersten.. She is adopted. My husband and I have had her since the moment she was born. Im in the Army Reserves and Yes I have been overseas.. Matter of fact I was deployed when we recieved the word about our daughter.. I got to come home for the birth and stay with her and my husband for 3 weeks. I have been home now for 3 1/2 months.. I love decorating. I watch HGTV a lot.. I am a big Jon & Kate Plus 8 fan and I love to cook. Being a mother for me is truly amazing since I did not carry my daughter and she is not of my blood. I have a lot of emotions that go along with this, because she was 3 weeks old when I went back to the desert and  I was gone until she was almost 5 months old. Now I am home with her all the time. My husband travels for his job alot, so at least 3 days a week my daughter and I are here alone..  

by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
29Cassie29
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 8:33 PM

That is a great story.  Congratulations on your baby!  I think that is great that you adopted!  I am think that if I ever have any more kids, I would maybe choose adoption.  I don't know much about what all goes into it, could you give me some tips. 

Cassie

Mother to Isaac and Claire

AVON Beauty Advisor www.youravon.com/cdeforest

oxley12
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Great story!!!  I love hearing about people being able to adopt!! And thanks for your military service...my husband is in the miltiary and was deployed when our daughter was 6 weeks...it can be hard but sounds like ur doing great!

musicangl
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM

im adopted and would love to adopt.. my parents got me when i was 5 and adopted me when i was 7.. and my dad was navy,. lol :) congrats on your baby and enjoy the time.. they grow up sooo fast.. i want to adopt soo bad but my husband isnt too sure about it. mainly because his family is stupid and he doesnt think they would accept a kid we adopted.. the whole not blood thing but u know what.. i may not have my parents blood but im still theres.. and im special because they chose me. hehe :)

tysmama0808
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 3:34 PM

That's so great! Congratulations! My husband and I also recently adopted a baby boy - we were at the hospital the day he was born! We waited 12 years to have children (mainly because of fertility doctors always telling me to "have hope" and then about a year ago being told it was impossible for me to have children!) so we are now proud parents to the sweetest little angel!! He's really completed our family! He's our first and probably our only! We had to deal with the birth mother directly and didn't go through an agency (which is much more expensive but better in the longrun!) and she's a drug addict in Pennsylvania. My friend adopted a baby through an agency back in May, and in July she got a call from her child's birth mother stating she has a friend who is pregnant and wanted to know if my friend wanted the baby, and my friend told her she couldn't because her baby was less than a month old, so she referred her to us. It's a true blessing and we are very thankful to everyone that made it possible for us to finally have our own family!!

Congratulations again on your new addition! Welcome to the "adoption family"!!!! It's a true miracle!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)