Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help! Can my baby fall out of the crib?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 7:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

She is 9 mths old and pulling herself up. We have an adjustable crib and so we've adjusted it so that it's as low as possible, but she can still pull herself up and and holds onto the edge and looks over it. I'm afraid if she reaches for something or looks down, she will topple over. Any advice?

~ Cafe Suzanne ~

by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
joyce6489
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 8:05 PM

my daughter is 15 months and she started doing this (that i noticed) like 1.5 months ago. i took off her bumper cause she was using it as a step but as i looked on from the camera i noticed that she wanted to get her binky that fell out or the stuffed animals that were on a hammock attached to the front of her crib. i think she knows that she will fall out and just wants to test herself..did u take the bumpers off? i would just be careful and maybe put pillows below. thank god she has never tipped over but it sure looks like she can. good luck

Cafe Suzanne
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM

Thanks, I think I will put a bunch of pillows on the floor - that's a good idea.

~ Cafe Suzanne ~

XOXOnBubbles
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2008 at 9:01 PM

My son did this too.  I took out his bumpers so he couldn't use them as a step up, and moved the crib mattress to the lowest setting.  He was fine standing in his crib then. 

If you are still worried you could always invest in a crib tent.  It attatches over the top of your crib, and is mesh material.  A lot of parents get these when their children starts climbing out of their crib if they are not ready to switch to a toddler bed yet.

Proud mama

I love my boys! 

Sincera
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 10:11 PM

I agree with everyones ideas. Pillows are always great. But I do have a question what type of floor do you have tile or carpet. If carpet then of course put the pillows but this might not sound nice but if the baby falls she wont get hurt and maby the baby would learn not to do it anymore that it hurts or is scarry. My son fell off of my bed at 8 months and all his doctor asked me was what type of floor do I have have. I have carpet he was fine and belive it or not he does not go off the bed anymore. He is 10 months old now and he learned. Good luck...There is somethng that I learned with my older children. They are going to get hurt at some point and believe it or not they learn.

girl on a swingAriana, boy on a swingAntonio, and feeding babyAlex mommy

Cafe Suzanne
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Sincera - My floors are hardwood. I know what you mean about letting them learn, but still ... can't I just keep her in a plastic bubble for the rest of her life?

~ Cafe Suzanne ~

Sincera
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:11 PM

Suzanne, I know what you mean the floors are very hard. Have you thought about using a blow up matress or a twin matteress if you have the space? That is my next guess. I wish that we could put our babies in bubbles or give them something to keep them small for a lot longer. Well TTYL take care good luck! 

girl on a swingAriana, boy on a swingAntonio, and feeding babyAlex mommy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)