Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

nightmares

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ladies got a question for you. Lately my son has woken up screaming he is fine after he wakes up. I think he is having nightmares. Have any of you ladies expeirenced this with your babies? What do/can I do? I don't like seeing him in pain let alone wake up screaming.

by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hunnielane
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 9:04 PM

My 8 month old does that too. Sometimes he kneels in his bed still asleep screaming. I just hold him till he goes back to sleep. Its just like our dreams...theres nothing u can really do to prevent anyone from dreaming. Its hard to see him like that but all we can do is just rock him back to sleep.

8 month old son & 16 wks pregnantice creamstork

Runner-Momof2
by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 10:30 PM

My daughter is having nightmares also...She wakes up almost every night crying for me and is only ok when she tells me about the dream and hugs up to me and falls asleep. (yes she is still in my bed)  It makes for a lot of broken sleep but I just know that it is important for me to be there for her if she is scared.

athenaheim
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 8:43 PM

you a single mother? they said that zachariahs could possibly be the fact that he has an ear infection in both ears. i just found that out today

Quoting Runner-Momof2:

My daughter is having nightmares also...She wakes up almost every night crying for me and is only ok when she tells me about the dream and hugs up to me and falls asleep. (yes she is still in my bed)  It makes for a lot of broken sleep but I just know that it is important for me to be there for her if she is scared.

Athena Heim

baby
pi1e
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 10:46 PM

My 2.5 yr daughter has been doing this since she was about 10-11 months old.   One wonders what could a child so small have nightmares about.  Then I read about night terrors. 

By the way, she still hasn't outgrown them.  Every now and then, she'll wake up screaming - she did it just last night and it was hard to calm her down.  My mom says my niece (5 yr) and nephew (1 yr) have night terrors, as well.

Good luck!  Hope it won't last.   From what I figured there is not much to do here but console them and hope they don't happen.   They still don't know what causes night terrors.   Just know that it's perfectly normal.

quiet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)