Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4 MONTH OLD SLEEPING ON TUMMY???? (PIOG)

Posted by   + Show Post

My Son has started rolling over in his sleep and winding up on his belly, should i be turning him back over on his back or just let him sleep?  He has really good head control and can move it very well.  The only thing is he can't quite figure out how to roll from stomach to back.  I am a first time mom and i am just concerned with the whole SIDS thing.  I leave him on his belly while i am up but when i go to bed i place him on his back and when i go in to check on him through out the night he is on his belly and i flip him again.  Just a concerned mom i guess, any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

by on Oct. 15, 2008 at 11:21 PM
Replies (11-13):
kstott82
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 8:55 PM

Thanks a bunch! He rolled from the couch to the tv, by rolling to tummy then tummy to back. Yea he woke me up this morning babbling on his tummy looking through the slats, like i want out.....lol.  I put him to bed on his back but if he rolls to tummy then he knows what he is doing.  He has good head control as well.  Again, Thanks a bunch!

medgirl498
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:58 PM

My youngest son has slept on his stomach from birth. He would not sleep any other way. It scared me to death because docs always say put your baby on their backs to sleep.

addymom08
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 11:53 AM

i am also a first time mommy and my baby is almost four months old. i didnt let her sleep on her stomach at first because of sids. but now they say its better for them to be on their stomachs. addison sleeps so much better on her stomach. i have always slept on my stomach. my sister keeps her when i work at night and she always slept so good when she stayed with her and she said she put her on her stomach. so i think when they r on their stomach they wake up and it scares them or they feel like their falling. its more comfortable to them being on their stomach. but it is especially k if they can raise their head up or turn it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)