Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

please help I am so scared !!!! piog!

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 18 month old son is a real monkey and ii am so scared ........... i don't mind him climbing on the couch and chair even the coffee table but he is climbing on my window sills and it scares the sh** out of me i have very tall child safty gaurds on them and I also took everything away from that could assist in his climbing. but some how he still gets up there i have done time outs ... no no no and more no's ...I do not believe in spanking so I will not do that ... but I am afraid to go to the bathroom without taking him with me because i don't want him to fall out the window. I get so scared that i have bad dreams of him falling out some one please give me some advice .. I am in tears right now !!!! he can't break the child safty bars can he???

crazy.gif

by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Hallmomma
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:43 AM

are the windows opened?  Just lock and close the windows and he cant fall out of them.  Do you have safty locks on your windows so they can only open so far?

rayraysmom
by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM

no the windows ar e closed and lock he don't open them and they have safty gates but i live on the 3rd floor so i get really scared.

Quoting Hallmomma:

are the windows opened?  Just lock and close the windows and he cant fall out of them.  Do you have safty locks on your windows so they can only open so far?

crazy.gif

Hallmomma
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 1:00 PM

UNless the windows can fall out of the wall, then I wouldnt worry too much about a child falling out of the window when they are closed and locked.  Still stick with not letting him climb up there...its going to take some time, he is only 18 months old.  Even though they know the word no, they will still try. 

JOEJULA
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 8:10 PM

That can be real scary. Just a suggestion you can go to walmart and get some type of fabric and nail it to the wall about the window and below it that way it covers it up and he can not do it anymore.

pregnancy calendar
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)