Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

QOTW: Your Child's Nutrution

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM
  • 12 Replies

Welcome to today's question of the day post!

The question of the day is a question that a lot of you moms might be wondering, or maybe don't even know to ask it yet, so we are asking it for you!

So mommies to be, share with us your thoughts and experiences on:

Do you worry about your child's nutrition?  How do you help ease that worry?  Do you have certain expectations about what they should eat and when?  Share with us any thoughts on nutrition that you have!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bribabysmom
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM

I feed my daughter mostly organic and she eats 3 meals a day and a snack  I make sure with lunch and dinner she has the 5 major food groups and a heathy desert of course she doesnt always eat all she should but i feel like im doing all i can

mamaellie1979
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Quoting gacgbaker:

Welcome to today's question of the day post!

The question of the day is a question that a lot of you moms might be wondering, or maybe don't even know to ask it yet, so we are asking it for you!

So mommies to be, share with us your thoughts and experiences on:

Do you worry about your child's nutrition?  How do you help ease that worry?  Do you have certain expectations about what they should eat and when?  Share with us any thoughts on nutrition that you have!

no we eat all natural foods without any un-necessary preservatives, and i blend baby food once a week for the babies (when they get older)

Ellie Loving Fiancee to Louie (getting married 12/25/08), Mom to teenagers Aidan (15), Maddie & Lexxie (13); preteen Jacob (11); big kids, Katie & Chris (9), Tilly (7), Caleb (5); newborns James & Jane (7-29-08); yes you read right i have 3 sets of twins; I Was a Twin!!! I Miss You Kelly (my identical twin sister, died 1995)

goskim25892
by on Oct. 17, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I try my best..breakfast..No junk cerel, waffles of pancakes ( rare occassions I will fix some) She is very used to eating special K or cherrios, eggs and fruit, ect. I just make sure she gets all the food groups. She is just used to snacking on fruits and veggies. our junk snacks are grahm crackers and pb. Sugar free jello with cool whip is one of her favs. Just start young and they are habbits. Now..im not perfect but I do try my best. One thing that she is even better at than me is just eating raw veggies with no dip!! She gets enough junk at gradma and grandpas on sundays for the whole week!

mamalisa0217
by on Oct. 18, 2008 at 3:37 PM

the only  time i worry about my kids nutrition is when they are not with me which is hardly never. i am not into organic foods but three meals and one or two snacks a day. i try my best to have all five food groups with each meal. at each meal they dont have to finish their whole plate but at least eat half of each portion. and they have to try something they think they dont like. i make sure the snacks are healthy but sometimes i will make a special desert. they see me eat healthy and so do they. i think its very important to start young b/c there are so many kids that are obese or just not healthy. oh and no candy for easter, halloween, or any other holiday. i dont like candy- its not good for their teeth.

CMcDougal
by on Oct. 18, 2008 at 8:45 PM

Luke is about 3 months old and I'm breastfeeding, so his nutrition is my nutrition! I've made a big effort to eat better while BFing, although I think my original plan wasn't giving me enough fat in my diet (ironic huh?). I continue to take prenatal vitamins and I also take iron daily because I had a PP hemmorhage which left me pretty anemic.  I used to worry about his nutrition when he had trouble gaining weight in the beginning, but now he is a big boy and I don't have anything to worry about!

Nikkole95
by on Oct. 19, 2008 at 6:54 PM

My son is 8 months now, and I used to worry ALL THE TIME about his nutrition.  But, I breastfeed (yes, still) and I know that is the best and most nutritious thing for him, and atleast until he is a year old, baby's rarely need more than breastmilk and a little bit of solids or table food.  I also make sure that what he is eating is healthy like veggies, fruits, wholegrains.

sharemccor
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 12:50 PM

I make sure my daughter eats alot of fruits and veggies.She is at the age now where she needs more than just milk or formula. I give her 3 meals a day plus snacks.

SOLLYRX2
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I FEED MY 11 MONTH OLD WHOLE ORGANIC MILK AND WHOLE YOGURT MADE BY "STONYFIELD" <- EXCELLENT BRAND (IMO), AND PUREE MY OWN BABY FOOD, RICH WITH VEGGIES & PASTAS OF ALL COLORS! I ALSO LIKE ADDING WHEAT GERM TO MOST FOODS, AND LIKE TO GIVE HIM MOTTS JUICE (25% JUICE-75% WATER). FOR MY 5 YEAR OLD I LIKE GIVING HIM OATMEAL AND BLUEBERRIES FOR BREAKFAST AKA BRAIN FOOD, WHOLE ORGANIC MILK AS WELL, AND V8FUSION WHICH HAS 1 SERVING OF FRUIT AND VEGETABLES PER CUP (AWESOME IMO) AND LIL CRITTERS GUMMY VITAMINS! I THINK EVERYMOM SHOULD DO THEIR BEST TO FOLLOW THEIR HEARTS AND STRIVE TO GIVE THEIR CHILDREN WHATEVER THEY THINK IS GOOD FOR NUTRITION. ORGANIC? WALMART? STORE BRAND? ADDITIVES? PUBLIX? FD&C Blue No. 1?  IMAGINE IF THE WORLD DIDN'T HAVE MOTHERS WHO LOST SLEEP OVER TODAY AND THEIR CHILDS LOST BATTLE WITH BROCCOLI. TOMORROW WILL BE A NEW DAY! KUDOS TO ALL THE MOMMIES DOING THEIR BEST ON AND OFF THIS SITE TO EDUCATE AND LEARN FROM ONE ANOTHER FOR OUR CHILDRENS BEST!!!

kelbel39
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Actually, I worry a bit about my daughter not getting enough protein! She loves fruits & cereals, of ANY kind, and veggies a bit less. She also loves yogurt. However, she's just not a big fan of any type of meat. I welcome any suggestions or advice- she is 9 months old. Thanks!

Kelly

ARMYWiFEnSAHM
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:19 PM

i dont worry about my sons nutrition because he is a healthy eater..he likes trail mixed, prunes, any and every type of fruit u can think of, and veggies. he will eat on fresh fruit and veggies all day long if he could. he loves nuts, dried apricots..all that healthy stuff he likes. as far as when he eats..hes alway hungry seems like to me..the boy will eat me out of house and home if i let him. but we eat breakfast at 9am, lunch at 12, and dinner at 5pm and in between that time he eats alot of fruit and drinks lots of water or milk

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)