Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Does your baby have a normal fussy time?

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 6:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Noah is always fussy around 10am-11:30am (mostly because I think he's tired and needs a morning nap, but he will fight it. He will start dosing and then out of the blue fuss for a couple of minutes and then all of a sudden be asleep again. He'll do this on and off for like an hour before he is totally asleep.Then again in the evening between 4 and 6 before he takes a bedtime bottle and goes to sleep for the night around 6:30 or 7. The evening one is hard because that is when my BF is at work and can't take him, I have to make dinner for the older kids and make sure their homework is done or they have some afterschool activity that I have to drop them off or pick them up from. The evening one is never a dose on and off thing either, it's a constant unless you are holding him he's going to fuss kind of thing.

by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
saralouise
by on Oct. 20, 2008 at 7:08 PM

I'm on my 2nd baby like that. my oldest baby never fussed at all unless he was hungry. my middle child was mild with it and this one is terrible. He screams his head off for about a half hour or more, someitmes up to an hour and a half before he can go to sleep. I feel so useless cuz nothing I do can make him stop. he's only 5 wks old. he's also the best sort of birth control I've had yet.

I don't judge you for doing it, it's just not for us.

newmom2be08
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Our DS is 4 1/2 mos. old and is very fussy in the early evening.  It seems that around 6:00 every night, just when we sit down for supper, he gets really irritable and starts crying.  He is at his best in the morning. 

Mikeysmom1001
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 9:12 AM

My son gets fussy around 11:15. That's when I start fixing his lunch.

prettyisabella
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Oh man, my baby was going nuts EVERY night starting around 6 till 9. I could tell she was just tired and I would be forced to walk around with her and rock her. However, she has started sleeping much better in the day with her naps and consequently, she has been a MUCH happier baby in the evening.

Sometimes she will still act up but nearly as bad as before. BTW, she is 10 weeks now but it has been only the past 2 weeks or so that she has been good.

You are probably right about your baby just being tired in the morning, mine takes 2 good naps after her first 2 feedings of the morning.

isaboo22
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Yes, and most of the time it means they are tired. My twins get fussy about 3-4 hrs after being up in the morning. I take that as a cue for their nap. Plus, they tend to get fussy about 9:30pm....which is bedtime.

MyTwoAngels0608
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Both of mine were like that.  If they're tired, they try to fight going to sleep and they fuss and then next thing I know they're konked out!  I just put them down and my DD eventually ended up learning to just go to sleep.  Still working on it with my son though.

Andrea (27), DH (29), DD (2), DS (born 6/23/08). Two furbabies Sasha (English Bulldog) and Toby (Mini-Dachshund)
corbenleesmama
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 4:46 PM

My son gets real fussy around 6pm. He then proceeds to take a 20 min light nap. Then around 7pm we eat and do out bedtime routine. I think its normal for all babies. Even if it drives you nuts...Lol

ArmyMama12407
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 4:55 PM

My daughter did when she was younger. I mentioned it to my doctor and she said it was completely normal. Until a baby can talk or find other ways to convey themselves and relieve stress, they fuss. She said she would outgrow it and sure enough she did. Her fussy time was everynight from 7-8 on the dot. It was crazy

**Rachel**
                                       **Proud Mommy to Emily**

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN