Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Potty Training a silent Toddler?

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:06 PM
  • 6 Replies

This is kinda odd for me because when it comes to potty training my toddler was but now I cant seem to get her to tell me when she needs to go. She has a speak problem and that could big a big problem but everyone is telling me to wait. I dont want two kids in diapers especially a toddler and and infant. Help how do I potty train my silent toddler? I dont want to wait until she can tell me she has to go.

twin girlsTricia

by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
musicangl
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:10 PM

lol good luck.. i have 2 in diapers.. i have a 21 month old and an 8 month old..and im pottytraining my 21 month old.. but honestly she doesnt tell me when she goes poo or pee..but she will strip her diaper.. so i put her in pullups and were taking it slow.. she loves to siton the potty but actually telling me things isnt going on yet.

CAarmywife
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM

i tried to train my oldest while i was pregnant and she just wasnt ready. she was 19 months and now shes 22 months an id have a 3 month old and she still isnt reay to go on the potty. she doesnt like to wear dirty diapers but she wont say pee pee or give me an idea that she needs to go potty. they say that when they are ready it will only take a few days to train. when they arent ready it could take months.

bensmom22
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Can you teach her the sign for potty? Tug on your ear, and say "potty" to her. If you do that when you say the word potty, she should catch on pretty quick. Good luck.

athenaheim
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Does she go through speech therapy? If so they should be teaching her sign lang. and you can learn as well. If not try to teach yourself and her sign lang. at least just for bathroom.

musicangl
by on Oct. 21, 2008 at 2:57 PM

does it matter which ear? and do u know any good sign language books.. the only sign language i know is letter sign and that doesnt do me any good trying to teach my 21 month old and 8 mnonth old sign language. lol

Quoting bensmom22:

Can you teach her the sign for potty? Tug on your ear, and say "potty" to her. If you do that when you say the word potty, she should catch on pretty quick. Good luck.

tricia087
by on Nov. 5, 2008 at 12:53 PM

She is in speech therapy but they dont want to teach her the signs for potty until the new baby comes. And she doesnt talk really so even if i try to teach her the word she wont repeat it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN